Hi there fellow Aerosnaughts!
EDIT (April 22, 2022): Aeros Firmware 4.2.4 is now an official version and has been released for download over the WIFI. (Changelog below)
In this version you will find the new features for Language settings, Fade In/Out, Reverse and other cool updates!
We’d love some feedback from our international users about the translations and if they look ok and make sense!
To fade in the master volume when starting a song from stopped, turn on Fade In in the songs settings menu.
To fade out the master volume when stopping a song, turn on Fade Out in the songs settings menu, this will follow the Stop settings if not immediate (End of Measure/End of Loop).
Tracks use the current mute logic to allow for new behaviors: Fade out to mute and Unmute to fade in. This will always follow the mute behavior (End of measure/End of loop) which is set in the Device Settings menu.
- The track will fade out and then mute if currently unmuted and the Action Button is double tapped or a mute MIDI command is received
- The track will unmute and fade in if currently muted and the Action Button is tapped or an unmute MIDI command is received
- You can watch how pretty this is in the mixer screen! The Aeros has some animation going on at the track level while the fade in/out process is happening!
If you change the master or track volumes while a fade is occurring, the Stop/Mute will still take effect but the volume will stay at the level where it was disturbed.
If cancelled, the volume will go back up to full volume. Sending the opposite fade command while a fade is ongoing sounds pretty cool
The Aeros can now reverse a track, it is only possible using MIDI at this time (we are working on a new hands-free system to do this and more without an external MIDI controller)
CC:46 Value:0 reverses the currently selected track (or last used in 2x2), and the value # reverses the corresponding track #.
Choose from English, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Chinese in the Device Settings screen. You will find a small flag icon in the top right, press this to open the language selection. A reboot is required to load a new language.
Check out the Quickstart Guide in the different languages too!
Version 4.2.4 Changelog
- A lot of audio pop fixes
- Text too small fix
- CC38 fix
Version 4.2.0 Changelog
- Added language options to settings page (English, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Chinese)
- Added settings for fade in/out on unmute/mute and start/stop
- Added reverse audio capability (triggered by MIDI command CC:46, Value:0 is currently selected track or Value: track #)
- Added MIDI command “Next Track” (CC:41, Value:103)
- Added setting to configure VU (volume) meter to display Main In or Aux In
- Show firmware version on wifi update
- Disable BPM modification when MIDI sync ON
- Fixed vanishing track issue
- Fixed CC:113 to only select part
To try out this firmware, update with the SD card (note: the SD card must be between 4-32 GB in capacity): Download this file , rename the downloaded file (currently named aeros-4.2.4.bin) to aeros.bin and then place it on an SD card and into your Aeros before turning it on.
IMPORTANT: Turn off your Aeros BEFORE putting in the SD card. Putting in the SD card while Aeros is on and then immediately turning it off can corrupt the firmware file.
If you see any bugs, please report it to us so we can fix it! Please send logs to email@example.com along with a video and/or a description of the bug. To learn more about useful information you could give us to better help you, please read this post on bug reports.
To go back to the previous official firmware, use the same SD card update method to install the last official version 4.1.5
Thanks guys, we hope you enjoy this!
What’s coming up next in Version 4.3.0 (this is tentative, some features may be added or removed, depending on development progress):
- Loop decay
- Expression pedal to control volume
- Clipping warning
- German language