Aeros Firmware 4.2.x

Fade in and fade out works perfectly, thanks!
But 4.2.0 stopped stereo playing after saving the stereo song. Just mono and left channel only. When you have a new stereo song created stereo mode works just fine. So after saving - mono. Tested couple of times. Please fix.

2 Likes

confirm only left channel output for all previous songs, really annoying going back to last firmware

2 Likes

And no reaction from Singular Sound ?

Just got mine second hand from a dude locally. Updated it immediately (big mistake) and I can’t seem to do anything with it. It wont let me delete tracks from the previous owner consistently and has crashed 3 times in the first 5 minutes. Horrible first impression.

1 Like

Rollback to 4.1.5
4.2 is bad, I crash a lot of time too, happy I’m not the only one

To further expand on what David brought up, because the Mute and the fade logic are tied, for now the easiest way to get individual track fades is to have mute fade always on.

Eventually we will add some behavior to allow fade to mute or unmute to fade in via dedicated MIDI that will work that way regardless of the setting.

Thanks for the question!

Not sure I understand either issue here, what do you mean by stop? A track can only “stop” if the song stops, there is no way to stop only a track. Let me know!

For the second, what exactly do you mean by fade in the next track? Could you give some more details?

Thank you for reporting the mono/stereo issue! It has already been reported to the dev team

Question, did you by chance include some of the logs from the Aeros that are written to the SD. Crashes are registered and we can use that info to better understand what happened and potentially fix the issue.

I will check if the crashes are reproducible, are you saying they happen every time?

If you would like to follow this as a request it’s best you make a new thread in the Aeros feature request category.

I’ll take note, thanks!

Feel free to give us more suggestions in French, but it’s fine if you prefer English

This is being worked on very soon, so not very much longer

Hey there, could you be more specific? What issue do you mean?

Thanks!

Feel free to make an official request, another user may do so first however. We may not add a multiplier for some time.

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you had a bad impression, but I will say it is not really a safe bet to use a beta version right off the bat, 4.2.x as stated in the original post is a beta, and an early one at that. If you would like to have a more stable experience, 4.1.5 is out now.

If you could please give me some more information on what exactly you’re trying to do and what your setup is it will be easier to assist you and understand what may have gone wrong.

You should probably do a Factory Reset to delete all songs that are saved internally.

There is no delete option for tracks. You can delete the whole song if it is not open and you are in the songs list, and you can delete the last part of the currently open song (by pressing the last used part icon in the left hand side of the Loop Studio Screen.

To better understand why deleting tracks works the way it does read here. In essence if you undo the track, you can record over it and this will delete what was there.

If you are using an SD card and you have it inserted it will capture information about the crash and possibly help us fix it, the procedure for sending us this is in the original post. This is a set of two .log files that you can send to support@singularsound.com along with information with what happened.

We did not have time to test this version very much as we got it from the developers right before break.

We do apologize if you came into issues but like we stated at the top of the original post:

We decided it would be good to get the feedback going since we did not see immediate issues, though we likely were not in stereo for the quick test! (Sorry about that guys, it will be fixed)

It would also be useful to know any changes you guys want to the translations, as that was the main goal for sharing along with finding out your opinions on fade and reverse.

Thanks for all your feedback! We hope to have a newer version to send you soon!

@BrennanSingularSound
Hi Brennan !
About the crash log that you ask:
I rollback to 4.1.5 , but is the crash of the 4.2 still in the log map on my V4.1.5 map
or do I need to upgrade again and make the crashes again and than send the log?

Don’t worry about it for now, but in the future these are helpful

The Aeros only keeps the log from the previous on/off cycle and the current one. If you turn it on and off two times you can lose the log, it’s best right after experiencing the crash you turn off the Aeros and remove SD to copy log to your computer.

They are not dated, so if you plan on accumulating them, it is best you either rename them or file them

There is no need for you to keep them after sending it to us.

Thanks!

Question, when the crashes happened were you using the Aeros in English?

Yes it was in english !
But I set it in french before, and switch back to english

Looks like I’m on 4.1.5 but my issue might have been that I had a 64 gig card inserted? It wasnt showing up regardless. I’ll keep an eye on it in the mean time. Hopefully it was just a weird fluke.

1 Like

Ok let us know!

Aeros can only support up to 32GB SD cards so that could very well be the case!

Thanks for reaching back

Sure. By “stop” I meant mute. Bad choice of words. Disregard.

By the 'fade in next track"…

I will note that I haven’t loaded this yet, because of the bugs being reported, so I may be premature in bringing this up… Or perhaps I didn’t pay attention enough…

Going back and looking at David’s description…
“Added settings for fade in/out on unmute/mute and start/stop”

Does this essentially mean that if I mute a track, it will fade, and if a track is muted when I start, and I unmute it, it will fade in instead of starting abruptly? If that’s the case, just forget about what I wrote, because that’s what I wanted. I think I just read it wrong, I apologize. Brain fart.

Also, only asking because I haven’t tried, but does the Aeros save a song with the muted states? If not, that would be something you’d want to make possible now that you have fades. If I have a song that has the tracks come in one-by-one, it’d be nice to save the song with the later tracks already muted so I don’t have to go and mute them before playing.

When you get this all fine-tuned and get into coming up with new midi commands, if what I described was right, I guess the one midi command that would be useful would be the ability to override the fade on the selected track. One might have one or two tracks that aren’t seamless and want them to come in right away.

Just to say thanks very much for this 4.2 Beta for playing with. I have and can see it has much to enjoy, mainly the fades in my case, something I enjoyed and used all the time on my RC - 500, though individual track fades on the Aeros takes it into a whole different league. Well done!

I have now re-installed 4.15 due to the stereo issue that you already know about. I simply need stereo. It’s essential to how I play and record. So, having tried, I’ll now happily wait for a fix, which I already know is on the way as I write. Happy days!

Other feedback is that I value being able to fade each track (6x) greatly, and can see how this will be made good use of in future compositions as a creative tool in its own right. Very excited about this.

Language options…this is a great addition for those who need it and I am sure is much appreciated. I am English so it makes no difference to me other than making me happy that you care about international users who do need support for their own language. You have my respect for that consideration. I will only add that the nice looking flag is actually quite redundant and pointless, serving no useful purpose whatsoever, as the language itself is the only indicator needed and self-evident independently, on its own, what the language actually is. “Oh look, his Aeros is in Japanese. It’s showing a flag…wowness!” just doesn’t arise. Sorry, just my eggs, that it is wasted space that could be used for other more important reasons, such as the kettle has just boiled, or incoming angry neighbour, etc. ha ha :slight_smile:

So much for my minor feedback. You guys are doing an awesome job and constantly validate my choice in purchasing your whole three device system. It’s everything I need.

Incidentally, digressing slightly, I just started using the Maestro’s Aeros Mode last night and couldn’t believe how brilliant it is. I’m astonished at how much easier it is to do what I want with complete control over every track and part as I play. Friggin awesome! I leapt out of bed this morning to pick up where I left off last night and it wasn’t a dream after all.

Thank you so much to all at Singular Sound. I’m in!

PS: I forgot to mention that the fade in seems much too slow, quite extended actually, though that duration is still useful sometimes, just not mostly for me. I like to use soft fade in a lot but mainly of fairly short duration. And, conversely, I found the fade out much too abrupt, the exact opposite of how I like to use it, fairly slow and gradual. If you added time selectors for either end, that would blow me away! Thanks in advance.

PPS: Also forgot to say that I love the fade animations! Very cool.

4 Likes

This, definitely!

1 Like

Exactly! It will do this according to mute settings (End of Loop, End of Measure, Immediate/no fade)

Yep! Mute states are saved

This will be possible eventually, it is in our plans! We will have more MIDI expansions in the future, this behavior is expected to be done then likely

Thanks for the questions!

2 Likes

This is already officially requested, please forward any further thoughts or expectations here!

Would a 0-9s fade time work? Does it have to be split for in and out?

Yes, 0-9 fade time would work great but should also ideally be spilt so that in and out are independently adjustable. That would be amazing, and thanks for asking.

Regards,

Christophe

2 Likes

Please post in English so that all users can participate in the dialog. Google Translate is a good tool.

You might prefer a private conversation with a user in French.

Your post will be removed by 1300 EDT.

Hello all,

can you tell us when the firmware 4.2.0 is officially available for download?

1 Like