Aeros Firmware 4.3.x

Still getting the ‘invalid firmware, please retry’ message.

I replied there, thanks

The following update, it had bugs that were easier to fix in the next release. Thank you for your patience!

That is odd,

What happens when you try to do a WiFi test in the diagnostic screen (press “Download from Singul”)?

Is anyone else still having wifi issues?

@LordRadish you’ve had wifi issues before no?

I will test tonight. The only issue I had with wifi was when I reported this same thing last week. That big prob I had a while ago had to do with clock issues.

When I do the test, it downloads something. When the download finishes, it doesn’t do anything. Is it supposed to?

Odd, this time when I tried doing the regular firmware update, it gave me the invalid firmware message right away. The other times it seemed to download some of it before giving me the message.

So just updated the firmware. Seems to work pretty well, and I like that I can see the level when recording! I feel like the input level is a bit better too, but perhaps I’m just imagining that. The only issue I have is after I record a loop and hit stop on the prior firmware version I could easily see the wave forms when the unit is stopped. This was useful too for switching between parts while the unit is stopped. With the update, I can barely see the waveform when the unit is stopped and am unable to tell visually if there is still a loop. It’d be great if this feature could come back in a future update. It got me a couple of times on my gig tonight, and when I would try to loop and old loop would come in. The only workaround I could find was to look at the time remaining counter to be sure it was back at 10:00. Thanks for the continued progress. @DavidPackouz @BrennanSingularSound

Please take a video of what you are seeing and forward it to us, you can PM me an unlisted youtube video

A little confused by what you mean, there have been no changes made to the Loop Studio stopped screen opacity between 4.2.4 and 4.3.1

Hey @BrennanSingularSound, so I reverted back to the old firmware to make sure I wasn’t imagining things. Here’s a video displaying the issue. Please let me know your thoughts.

1 Like

Hi
Don’t you see the loop in the background of the screen?
I can see it, using last firmware 4.3.1

No, unfortunately I do not.

It looks to me like the new firmware shifted the text “box” that has all the info about your song a bit to the left (closer to the green circles) and therefore it’s obscuring the loop waveform that you see in that space with the old firmware. Compare the space size between the green track circle and the word “Freeform” for example (or the Aeros folder icon) and you should be able to see what I mean.

See images below.

1 Like

Like NYHC said though, you should still be able to see the faded waveform in the background.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I was thinking with the shift in the text box. :100:

I can see a faded waveform, but it is very difficult to see. Perhaps, with the shift in the text box. A color change of one of the loop circles could be used. Like instead of green to record, and red recording, if there is a loop present, the color could change to yellow. Not sure how tough that would be, but just a thought. @BrennanSingularSound @DavidPackouz

So I think my inability to see the waveform has to do with the angle the Aeros sits on my pedalboard, relative to where my head is. This video kind of displays.

I really relied on that little piece of waveform before the shift.

@BFRedrocks @NYHC @BrennanSingularSound @DavidPackouz

I am trying to get my M-AUDIO EX-P volume pedal and to calibrate it on the Diagnostics page, but it doesnt seem to recognise the pedal :frowning:

The design of the next version will be markedly different, this issue may no longer be there once we make the change.

Thank you for your feedback

Please write to support@singularsound.com with your issue for more assistance here.

The M-AUDIO EX-P has TRS cable output, is it true that it should be TS in order to work with the Aeros?
If so, could you please recommend any affordable good options? :slight_smile:

The Aeros only works with TRS EXP pedals

Been trying to download the firmware file for a few days. Download keeps failing. Doesn’t work via wifi either. My looper is making ground noise again. hoping firmware will resolve it

Hey there, please write to support@singularsound.com telling them what is happening so they can assist you further, thanks for reporting