Aeros Firmware 5.0.x

Unzipped it is only 99Mb’s

very weird, I just observed this: (on Windows 11)

• open the archive and drag the file to a folder : corrupt bin file, 99Mb
  • use File Explorer right-click Extract All command, the file size is correct.

*edit - * on second thought. I’m not sure what the file size is telling us.

Can you download the original link on a different machine?

If it were me,. I would recheck human error.

Got it to work. Changed computers, downloaded file, renamed it, and wa la! Used an old HP from 2008, may need to keep it around. Still has Windows 7 and had to charge it up to use it. New program looks like a new looper. Looking forward to learning all the new quirks. However, it does look like an awesome improvement!!!

1 Like

Congratulations on what seems to be evidence of a major milestone of effort in Aeros’s evolution. I am personally super-excited about the new click and count-in options, as well as their accessibility in the Song Studio page. Also stoked about the Autoquantize and looking forward to giving that try. Same with auto-record - a very very welcome addition. It looks to be a major improvement overall in UI and navigation as well. I’m loving the slide-out menus and lack of menu diving required now.

And just in time for Jamuary!

This puts the Aeros back into the spotlight for me as a songwriting tool in much the same way that Ableton facilitates creating beats for songwriting. This may now seemingly do the same for me for instrument-based songwriting.

I’ll be sure to circle back with my experiences. But mostly wanted to say congrats on this release.

2 Likes

Bonjour,
J’ai téléchargé et installé ce matin. Tout fonctionne, super améliorations notamment pour le classement des chansons.
Merci beaucoup pour ce travail!!
Bonnes fêtes de fin d’année.
Padouen

Je souscris totalement à cette idée d’accorder le BB avec l’Aeros une fois la chanson sélectionnée sur l’Aeros.

Hello. Still unable to load version 5. I scrupulously followed the method, I checked the file, I tried with my other PCs, I tried with several SD cards, I also bought a new SD card , and still nothing, still the same message on the screen.
I downloaded an old version 4.1.5, I performed the same operation as for version 5, and it works, so I was able to install this old version without problem. Then after having activated the WIFI on my Eros, I turned it off, turned it back on, it recognized by the Wifi that there was a possible update (4.3.1), so it downloaded and installed this latest version, and therefore it works correctly with this version 4.3.1 without any problem.
In my opinion, there is a boot problem on this .bin file at startup, since it displays well at the beginning, that it will do an update (see photo), but a few seconds later, I so the second message that stops the update process.
Well, if you find me another solution, I would be happy. Apparently I’m the only one having this problem.
I contacted and explained my problem to SINGULAR SOUND support by email, they are currently on vacation until January 2nd. I hope they will find me a solution, and that they will fix the bugs that are reported to be able to transmit it with wifi.

If my translation is not very fair with Google translator, I hope you have understood the essence of my remarks.

Thank you.

Please follow the forum guidelines and post in English so that all users may understand. Thank you.

Google Translate works well and you may edit your posts to include the translation.

I understand your remarks very well. Thank you for your extra efforts to help us understand your problem as well as trying to work with our suggestions.

Another user has experienced a similar problem but was able to resolve it by downloading to a Windows 7 computer. Is this something you could try? If not, perhaps it would be best to wait until Brennan or Support return from their holiday break.

Yes, indeed, I tried on one of my PCs which still works on Windows 7 and I also tested with several SD cards.

I have 3 pc including one which works on Windows 7 and the result is always negative.

Thank you for your patience. I hope someone else here on the forum has a solution that will work for you or that Singular Sound is able to help you.

I think I may have discovered something. When I looked at the properties of the download I noticed it was using fire fox as the program to open with. Even when I tried to use a different browser and downloaded the file, it was still using fire fox. When I changed the “open with” to my media player, this is when everything worked. This may be something others are dealing with, wouldn’t hurt to try changing the “open with” to your media player before plugging the sd card into your Aeros!

1 Like

Hi Joe
Your question is an interesting one. Are you asking this in the context of the Aeros’s ability to now becaome the master with this new version? If so, there are a few more questions that I would like to add.

I am not sure if you are aware, but the ability to initiate an Aeros song part change in 6x6 mode without having to manually change parts on the Aeros already exists prior to 5.0.0. The caveat is that the Aeros needs to receive a CC113-# where #=part number followed by a CC113-0. Using a midi controller, you can send the CC113-# on the push (which selects the new part on the Aeros) and CC113-0 on the release (which initiates the transition). Using this method, you can transition from any part to any other part regardless of the order.

IMO, the elephant that has been in the room and possibly still remains is the following: If you have the Aeros set up to transition at the End Of Loop (EOL) like most live looping performers do, using the method described above, the transition must be initiated within the last measure of the Aeros loop. I believe this is because the Beat Buddy is the master and as a result, does not know or care where the EOL is. It only knows and cares about EOM. So when the Beat Buddy transitions, it overrides the Aeros EOL settings and forces the transition at EOM.

One of the most exciting advertised features (IMO) of 5.0.0 is the option to have the Aeros be the master. Although practically, my question is similar to yours, my question about 5.0.0 is: If the Aeros is configured to be the master and is configured to transition at EOL….and if I initiate the transition prior to the last measure, will the Aeros finish the loop and then command the Beat Buddy to transition at the appropriate time?

I have not upgraded to the new firmware yet because 1) SS has identified a bug in how the new Aeros CC commands work and I don’t understand the details. I am going to wait until it is fixed and works as intended. 2) I don’t know what I need to do to the Beat Buddy MDI settings in order to configure it as a slave.

How is Aeros 5.0 working / configured to work with with Midi Maestro?
Thank you for update! It is looking pretty amazing so far!

1 Like

“Added per-part tempo and time signature in song settings: Enables different song parts to have different tempo and time signatures”
This is probably the most important upgrade.
How would it work with a BeatBuddy?

I convert existing files, and everything is working great, but I have no Backing Tracks folder on my SD card.
How can I fix this?

1. First: congratulations ! I’ve been having a lot of fun with Autoquantize + BeatBuddy
  2. One suggestion about FADES : I would like the BB to fade along with the Aeros. One solution would be to plug the BB OUT in the AUX IN and to be able to define that the fade applies to the LOOP + AUX. Would it be possible ?

Thanks a lot for this beautiful 5.0.0

Not to be a grinch or anything, but those of us who are owners of the original Beat Buddy and have been waiting for years to get an updated BBM have nothing but coal in our stockings. You seem to support your newer products while ignoring the product that started it all.

Buddy, why do you use BBM? I give up this garbage long ago.
I am using Logic Pro.

Looks like it’s multiple time signatures in a song