Aeros Firmware 5.0.x

Bug Report:
If I turn on Aeros then use midi cc35 value:01 to entry Loop Studio. Aeros will keep Loading Song. I have to restart the Aeros and use touch screen to entry Loop Studio.

I think they already got this.

1 Like

@BrennanSingularSound So playing around with this last night and it turns out my ā€œSelectā€ MIDI message (CC:36, Value 2) works just fine for opening a song if itā€™s already highlighted in the list. It just takes a little longer for the first one, but after that it seemed to work okay.

Where there is a MIDI message difference on my existing setup is that the ā€œSongsā€ page MIDI message (CC: 35, Value 0) appears to go to the internal memory slot, so if I have all my songs on the SD card (which I currently do), then there are no songs listed. I wonder if there can be a MIDI message for Songs on the Aeros, and a different MIDI message for Songs on the SD Card? The rest of the ones I use seem to work though.

Yes, I got there. Holding down the lower left button takes you to a menu, itā€™s not apparent, but the lower right button is the select button. The menu shows: Mixer, Switch RPO, Undo, Mute, Reverse, Solo, Fade to Mute, Lock Track, Unlock Track. Not sure what all of them do. Also, Iā€™ve noticed neither track seem to have found the beginning of beat one - the wave form on both are just ahead of the red line loop start indicator. Definitely would appreciate an addendum to the manual with the new features, and/or a few videos of the new features.

I formated an sd card for the update, and included a backing track file in the backing track folder. , which I got working in the Loop studio, but with the card inserted in the loop studio, it shows no folders and no background song - and I canā€™t seem to figure out how to transfer songs to the SD Card. In the song screen, if I select the disk icon, the screen flashes but doesnā€™t show a different window. If I put the SD Card in my mac, I see albums, backingtracks, and logs folders.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to have bigger fonts on the song list?
That would be great !

1 Like

Hey Brennan. So will the Aeros cause the BB to transition now in 6x6 mode if you use the Aeros as the master?

Excellent! Thanks.

1 Like

Question: when I boot up I still get the Convert Songs? dialogue - is there a way to get rid of it, or is
that standard operating proceedure?

Many thanks Brennan for your comprehensive response to our queries.

1 Like

thanks for the videos. Cool! Bravo!

1 Like

YES

2 Likes

That was an excellent video. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Canā€™t get Auto Recording to work- Iā€™ve got auto record ON in settings, Iā€™ve tried setting the threshold at varying levels - wonā€™t work. With Beat Buddy: prior to start, tracks display ā€œARMā€, with beat buddy start, Track 1 immediately starts to record, and track 2 displays ā€œRECORDā€. Without Beat Buddy: Pressing Start on Loop Studio , both tracks switch display from ā€œArmā€ to ā€œRecordā€.

The Backing Track feature is a great first step. What I would really like is to be able to load WAV files into each track, as I can do with another looper I have, for each part. I do some of my loop creation using my DAW and then the rest with the guitar so this ability to combine wav files with live guitar looping in my track/part setup is important to me. I look forward to using the Aeros for this due to its small size and ability to combine tracks and parts. Thanks for the big update!

2 Likes

I canā€™t get the MIDI settings set up correctly to have the Aeros cause the BB to transition when the Aeros is the master. Can someone help me out?

Also, with my pre recorded songs, the Aeros starts immediately while the BB does its count in. how do I need to set this up going forward?

It would be awesome if the BB could just cause the Aeros to transition to the next part automatically in 6x6 mode and my problems would be solved.

And how should the MIDI cables be run for the Aeros to be the master? I have the Midi out on the Aeros going to the In of the Breakout cable on the BB.

1 Like