Aeros Firmware 5.1.x

2 Likes

Is there a way to save the Output system setting? I have tried using the song settings option but I can not get the system to save the Output setting. I’d like to drop it to -5 but it always goes back to the default 1 setting when powered back on. It’s frustrating having to set this level every time I power the unit on.

Not yet !
Maybe with the next updates

Any chance we’ll get the ability to have the beat buddy automatically bring up the beat that was used in a song selected on the aeros? Or maybe that already exists? That would be the best!!
Love these products and updates!

I have found a work around till this bug is fixed. If you load a song that has a different time signature you need to load it twice. So pick the same song twice and it will load the correct time signature. At least that is working for me. Although I down graded to 5.0 software and didn’t try this on the 5.1 software.

This is a bug that will be fixed in the next version, thanks for reporting!

This is already possible using the BeatBuddy on version 4.1.6, turn on the Song Select setting in MIDI out settings (Main Pedal > MIDI settings > MIDI Out > Song Select)

The BeatBuddy sends the same song select message that would open that song on the BeatBuddy itself

Read up more in the BeatBuddy Manual

Then, on the Aeros, you would set the Song Select song setting to the same MSB and PC commands that the BB is sending, that way when you open that song on the BeatBuddy the BB sends the command and that opens the song on the Aeros.

Thanks for reporting

We will be working on this bug in the next release!

1 Like

Thanks so much that’s awesome.

1 Like

Hi guys . Is there somebody who’s using the last firmware version without any audio pops and clicks?

2 Likes

I have not had any issues with that

1 Like

This makes me very disappointed. I can’t upgrade until this gets sorted. I can’t remember the last time I had a performance less than 30/35 minutes. I’d love to try some of these new features tho……

I had such high hopes for the Aeros but the clicks and pops made it unusable for me. It’s a very well thought out design and very fun to use. Hopefully fixing this popping issue is a high priority.

2 Likes

Do you use a metronome or free looping? I’m getting it with free looping at the loop seam. Almost every time.

1 Like

For now just use Firmware 4.3.x . I don’t know how people are able to use the last firmware without getting the pops.

1 Like

The only logic would be that , different units react differently with the same firmware .

1 Like

What do you mean with “pops” ?
A strange noise like a electric noise ?
Or
A gap on the start of the loop, ?

Hi Brennan,
Can you share with us if there will be support for one-shot functionality in the next release?

I have been considering buying another piece of hardware to make it possible to have multiple footswitches each play a different part as a one-shot with only a single-click.

I remember at a while back you asked for feedback for how one-shot might work on the Aeros so I’m hoping that is coming soon.
Thank you!

Please tread the draft change log at Aeros audio pop sound issue (makes it unusable for ambient music) - #49 by BrennanSingularSound

2 Likes

Hey all,

This has been fixed internally and we are just finalizing the new version 5.2.x which will fix the majority of the pops, if not all, and also bring the Aeros to a completely new level of potential for your live shows and performances. Loop decay is sounding pretty cool! Very excited personally.

Check out the full post here:

We hope to have it ready very soon! Thanks for all the feedback :slight_smile:

This is not something that happens for an entire performance, only if you do not stop the Aeros for more than 10 min or so, which is very uncommon, most songs are about 5 minutes longest live.

If the Aeros is stopped and restarted, the BPM mismatch issue is reset.

This is something we plan to look into more, but it is not currently a major priority since it is not the most common use case.

This is most definitely not the case, there is no difference between any Aeros of the same kind (Legacy/Gold edition) and the only difference between the two types of Aeros are the physical buttons.

5.2.x will have one shot parts yes

Thanks for the questions and feedback!

1 Like

The loud pops sometimes are comming from loud signal . the last firmware is more sensible to peaks and is not always showing when you are in the red zone . When you save the project , the unit will transform the clipped part in to a loud pop . In the las firmware they something changed with the fade algorithm and started to do pops at the fade point . Also you can get pops when you start the unit and play a song that you already recorded ) i’ll have one pop there and one pop when i’m changing to the next part . That;s why when a play live i will press play and change to the next part without sound in the monitors )) to get over the initial poppinness :smiley: after that i can play normally .

There are definitely a few of us for which this is a big problem. Previously, it was going to be fixed “in the subsequent firmware release”. Now it will be “looked into, but it’s not a major priority.” Reading between the lines, it sounds like I shouldn’t be anticipating a fix for this.

Somehow, I got the impression that this bug was introduced in 5.0. Do you know if that’s true, and if it’s possible to download old firmware versions? Installing the latest 4.x might be a solution for me if so.

1 Like