Had my first major* issue that ended up with Aeros stuck in the splash screen with noise coming out until I power cycled.
Not sure if these steps help provide any clues to reproduce, but here’s what I remember:
- Aeros and BeatBuddy loaded up on another song (think it was Rock 4/4) and stopped.
- Create a new song in Aeros (defaults of 2x2 and 4/4)
- Change BB to Blues 3 6/8 (This possibly could be swapped with the prior step)
- Start BB
- Aeros shows empty 2x2 with no button labels (empty?). Forget if it was moving with the beat. No waveform was displayed
- Clicked on an Aeros button to try to start record
- Aeros Logo displayed and ugly sound coming out
- Wait for what seems like an eternity before I power cycle the unit
Upon reboot the sound stops, I edit the songs meter, and everything works fantastically.
Not sure, but I suspect this might have to do with the change in the meter from the BB.
There are a few issues:
- Whatever makes the Aeros display the empty UI
- Whatever made it crash to the splash screen (perhaps we chalk that up to the prior issue)
- Not having some failsafe that prevents the Aeros from playing noise upon crash/watchdog/reinitializing, etc. A quiet crash is bad enough, but a noisy one…
- Bonus points for allowing the Aeros to pass through a dry signal when it is not running. Not sure if this is possible, but it’s a good property for a pedal to have. Pedals die, but they should not take down the signal chain when they do.
*Note: We like to complain about gaps and bugs, the Aeros, still a work in progress, is quite usable. Your mileage and expectations may vary.