Aeros Looper and BB

I’ll agree that life will be better for future purchasers with more complete documentation, and something physical to start with (there are a couple sheets of paper in the box, which point to the start page on the website). It appears the Aeros has the capability to access the “quick start” manual on the unit itself (via the home screen), but that doesn’t seem to be functional at this point.

Kind of to your original point, there isn’t any discussion of using BeatBuddy at all. The YouTube video was my only source of info there. The BeatBuddy manual was pretty darn thorough back when I purchased that a couple years back (after meeting Anthony at GearFest)- much more than I needed at the time. That makes me feel a much more thorough offering is ultimately going to be coming (even if digital- which as you mention, is preferable in the sense it can be updated as new features are added).

I think the takeaway here is that the Aeros is a partially-finished product at this point. And I do feel like that “non-employee” who is taking their new tool out for a spin… which is kind of what I expected when ordering the initial shipment. I agree that a central “wish list/bug report” area might be helpful for everyone (rather than just random threads on the site here).

3 Likes

Avoid a return midi link to the BB. Just link from the BB midi out to the Aeros midi in. Mine works fine. No doubt the return link will be sorted in future updates.

Not sure to which point you were making your comment, but I never had a midi return to the BB. That wouldn’t have made any sense, and I don’t have that many short midi cables. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The main issues I was having in regards to syncing with the beatbuddy had to do with ending up with one measure loops (as noted above, fixed by stopping the loop with the Aeros RPO button rather than the BB) and the fact that the tempo is “locked in“ on the Aeros once the loop is saved (which is just the way it is… for now :crossed_fingers:t2:).

Well… i cant get past the one bar loop. I have tried stopping the loop with the RPO button and the bb but still it only saves the first bar. How am i supposed to set this up?

What is your setup? Have you followed the instructions on Youtube for connecting your BB and Aeros? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvAiCoIxXa0

Yes i watched the video … it told me nothing new. I do notice though that i am actually recording the drums in the 1 bar loop. How are you supposed to plug them in the signal chain? Right now i have them in a loop from my kemper into the BB IN - BB OUT into the Aeros IN - Aeros OUT back to the kemper return. The midi splitter goes from the BB OUT into the Aeros IN.

I have signal chain going into the Aeros first then the BB. I never record the drums with the Looper. Works well.

1 Like

You can configure which inputs are included in the loop. I have the BB going into the looper through the stereo input, and I switched off that port as a loop input. It works well.

SD max size still 32?

Yes

1 Like