Aeros MIDI Commands

Even more importantly, what if two different switches do multiple things, with muting a track being something they both do. In this case, you’ll get undesired behavior when you hit one switch and then the other. Like if I had mute all on switch 1 and mute part 1 on switch 2. Hitting switch 2 and then switch 1 would have an undesirable effect of unmuting part 1. Leave the state toggling to the controlling device and not the controlled device; then you won’t have this issue.

4 Likes

Wow, yeah. I hadn’t even considered the case where more than one controller/switch might send mute. One would turn it on, and any another would turn it off while expecting to turn it on. Sounds like a train wreck to me.

We can look into this

2 Likes

FYI in another forum there was a request for a replacement of the Boss RC-300. Would be nice if the Aeros covered this type of user.

For live loop performers, they wanted:

• 3 independent tracks
  • each track has a dedicated ‘stop/start’ button
  • there’s ‘start/stop all’ button
  • XLR input

Advanced MIDI features would cover the first two. Suspect there are many ways people think tracks should be independent. I generally don’t think about performance in this way, but different strokes…

I do like the idea of making 6x6 feel just like 2x2 via extra midi buttons … and never having to double tap or hold if I have enough MIDI buttons.

1 Like

We can look into the idea, thanks for the feedback

1 Like

Hi. I am not a midi expert, but, related to hands-free song-witching, is there a midi command that could be supported to allow the BeatBuddy next song operation to trigger the Aeros to go to the next song (also previous song) ? This would be an elegant hands free solution for Beatbuddy users.

Thanks,
Chris

I guess the question will then be what means “next song”…
I doubt the list of songs in your BB and Aeros are in the same order…

So you’ll probably need a MIDI message on the Aeros side with a parameter (like song number/ID) to switch to a particular song, and trigger this message from the BB when actually changing the song, but there is no such things as synchronized songs list between BB and Aeros.

3 Likes

Request: MIDI command to change number of count-in bars.

I alternate between 0 (live usage with band) and 2 (practicing by myself), and it’s always a pain to bend over and scroll endlessly to get to the bottom of the song settings page.

Side note: increasing the scroll sensitivity would be great too.

2 Likes

Request: (I made this one in another post, but i just discover this topic)
MIDI CC Messages for Recording source selection. Maybe iit could be one CC number/value for Aux-Input and another CC number/value for Main-Input.

Instead of that I suggest to completely remove count-in limits…
What if it would count-in endlessly until you start actually playing ?
Voids the need to change number of count-in bars, and as a consequence of the midi message you are requesting … while providing much more freedom…

2 Likes

Yeah, like an Auto-Trigger option

1 Like

I’m about to begin using a midi control app on my iPad to control the Aeros.

CC:41 will start a new track, but how do I stop recording and begin overdub on that track?

Hey there, that is currently not possible, we have gotten requests for users to be able to send overdub/record/play commands as well as the possibility of a MIDI command that behaves similarly to the RPO button on the Aeros. The former is probably more likely than the latter to be available soon. We do plan on adding more MIDI commands in an update soon.

4 Likes

Hello MIdi and Aeros masters! I’m struggling getting my Aeros to respond to my midi controller in, what I perceive, is a simple thing. I’m working in 2x2 mode. I need to hit a single button which will start a different song part at the end of a loop AND record a second track THEN hit another single button and have the Aeros jump back to the first loop and start recording a new track as soon as that song part starts. It seems it’s some combination of the CC113 (begin transition to next part) and CC41 (record new track) however it won’t shift into automatic recording when switching between parts. I don’t want to use CC102 (immediate song part change). At present I can do it with the buttons on the Aeros obviously, but I want a single button push. Got any guidance? Thanks

I don’t think this can be done with the current Aeros midi implementation.

First of all congratulations for all the work from Singular Sound for improve our machine with new functions so often

+1 to implement MIDI CC commands to control REC, OVERDUB, PLAY.
Of course like with CC-37 UNDO, with possibility to send command REC track 4 or OVERDUB track 3…

I think that for someone like me that is trying to be able to control some devices with only a midi pedalboard it is basic feature, otherwise you must have midi Aeros next to midi pedalboard.
Is not possible to lay Aeros on the table for example.

2 Likes

Well, you could string command messages to set up a record command after the Transition

try this, it worked for me!

the middle command is only relevant if using BB

Thanks for you input. Brennen, the suggestion about controllers CC102 followed by CC41 works well, however, the change happens immediately. I’d like to have the aeros follow the “end of loop” idea in 2x2 mode with a single tap. I’ve tried to use CC113 (change part) and CC41 with two different buttons on my controller set up individually for part 1 or 2 but it doesn’t work switch appropriately. Suggestions? And thanks in advance.