I am trying to connect my Yamaha Clavinova keyboard (master) with the Aeros (slave) both through MIDI and audio.
My goal is to record some audio tracks from the keyboard arranger (styles) while having the Aeros clock in MIDI sync and responding to start/stop messages.
I can then solo over (badly!) or add overdubs to this track.
Here is what I observe:
- After connecting the MIDI cable (keyboard OUT into Aeros IN), in the Aeros song panel, the “MIDI sync” value is always showing “off”. When I connect the BB instead, it moves to “on”.
- When I change the tempo on the keyboard (before starting the recording), the tempo value is not changing automatically in the Aeros song panel. Again, this works fine with the BB.
- When I start playing on the keyboard, the recording starts correctly in the Aeros (the start MIDI message goes through) and the bar grid follows the keyboard tempo (even if the Aeros tempo number has not changed and is still showing the inital Aeros tempo). So it seems that the MIDI clock goes through while playing, and that the Aeros is aligning to it.
- While playing, the audio record is good and perfectly in line with the displayed bar grid.
- When I stop playing on the keyboard, the recording on the Aeros stops as well (good)
- When I play the recorded track, the Aeros tempo and visual bars go back automatically to the original tempo (different from the ones shown during the live recording) and the audio chord changes are therefore out of sync with the bars displayed. So I cannot rely on the bars anymore to solo over the recorded track.
For now, my fall back option is to use the freedom mode but that is frustrating.
Is there anything I do wrong?
I can record a video showing the issue if helpful.
Note: Aeros firmware version 3.1.18.