Aeros Not Connecting to Your Wi-Fi Network Using WPA3 security? Here's the workaround

Didn’t see this topic addressed anywhere so posting this to save some folks some time and potential frustration. :sunglasses:

Received my Aeros Loop Studio yesterday, but my excitement soon became frustration as I could not connect it to my wifi network. Every time I entered my password, I kept getting an “Invalid Password” error.

All made worse because I have a super long, random-character password. (Silver lining: I typed it in so many times, over and over, on the Aeros’s small touch screen that it’s now memorized. So…thanks? :rofl:)

In my troubleshooting, to confirm I was not mis-typing my wifi network’s password, I even went to the length of changing my wifi password to “Password”, and still got the “Invalid Password” error!

After two hours searching this forum and the Internet for solutions, I remembered I recently upgrade my wifi router to a WiFi6-enabled mesh system with WPA3. Wi-Fi Protected Access, or WPA, is a security standard for wireless networks. WPA3 is the latest, most secure wifi standard. You can learn more about it here.

WPA3 is a relatively new security feature. At the time this post was written (May 2021), most PCs, tablets, smartphones and Wi-Fi-enabled IoT devices do not support WPA3. The Aeros Loop Studio appears be one of these devices, too.

SOLUTION:

• Set up guest wifi network - If you don’t already have a guest network set up, you’ll need to set that up on your wifi router.
  • Set the guest wifi network’s security option to “WPA2” - For my router, the setting is “WPA2-PSK [AES]”. It may be slightly different on your router, but should start with “WPA2”. Your WiFi6-enabled router should allow you to keep your primary network secured using WPA3 and your guest network secured using WPA2.
  • Connect the Aeros Loop Studio to your guest wifi network.

Once I did this, it was smooth sailing.

5 Likes

Thank you! Sorry you had this issue in the first place, but we could maybe improve this. Until then, we can add your solution to the manual!

Appreciate it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem with my password which has 32 characters :frowning_face:.
I have never encountered this kind of limitation with my other connected equipments.
It would be nice to provide an improvement for this.

1 Like