Aeros or BeatBuddy as midi master? Pros and cons?

So far I’ve been using the BB as midi master, so I’m familiar with that. Haven’t tested the Aeros 5.0 beta, so my question is: What are the pros and cons when using Aeros as Midi Master?

I just switched to having the Aeros as MIDI master and so far I love it because I can have the Aeros pull up the specific BB song and tempo with each Aeros song. @NYHC is the “master” at this and has some awesome YT videos explaining the benefits of using Aeros as the master.

1 Like

Thats a major advantage, for sure. Anything else? Any cons?

None that I’ve really noticed as of yet, although if you’re like me and sometimes want to use the BB as a fancy metronome or just without the Aeros, you have to switch the MIDI control back to the BB. This isn’t too difficult as you can do it hands free via the Stopped Slide out Menu. Just go to MIDI Mode and switch it to RCV + Off, and that will allow you to control the BB (tempo, timing, transitions, etc) independently from the Aeros. When you’re done, go back into that slide out menu item and switch it to TR + Out and you’re back to the Aeros being the master. :+1:

1 Like

Thats great news. I’ll give it a try. Thanks! And, by the way, @NYHC makes great videos.

2 Likes

That’s awesome info as I was looking for a way without having to get down on the floor and go menu diving or unhook and switch the midi cables around with a bad back problem might not be able to get back to a standing position w/o assistance lol!

2 Likes