Aeros SD Card requirements

Hi there

I’ve bought 64GB Kingston SDXC class 10 SD card and when I’m trying to save a song on it I get “please insert SD card or press cancel …” message. My current OS version is 3.0.0.

Is this card supported?

The pedal will support up to 32Gb, Class 10 SD cards.

1 Like

Hi! I just asked this question on I think the wrong thread… so I’ll ask here instead. My Aeros didn’t recognize an SD card, which was 32GB, formatted in ExFAT, and class 10.

Any recommendations?
Also, it doesn’t feel like the SD card “clicks in” Like it does with any other device I would use an SD card with. Is this normal? Or is there something wrong with my unit?

Thanks ahead of time for your response!

Hi. I removed your earlier post from the BeatBuddy category.

If exFAT does not work, try formatting your card as MS-DOS (FAT32). When you insert it to the AEROS, check that the card is not locked. Although another user mentioned that exFAT worked for him, here’s a screen shot of my AEROS’ 16Gb SD card:
Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 7.17.57 AM
I have had no trouble updating firmware on this card (I can leave it inserted in the AEROS) when using the AEROS’ WiFi updating. It also has the Songs folder (which indicates that the card is recognized by the AEROS.

Here’s a little more information on the formatting differences: https://www.howtogeek.com/235596/whats-the-difference-between-fat32-exfat-and-ntfs/

Although different from some SD card readers (such as the BeatBuddy (BB)), this is normal for the AEROS. The SD card slot reader on my Mac is not spring-loaded either.

Reformatting to Fat32 did the trick!

1 Like

Pretty wild in 2022 (or 2020/21 even) that 32 gigs is the max. Can that never be updated in firmware?

Not trying to be argumentative, but surely for the sake of discussion, what’s the need, requirement and expectation?

• Capacity? As an example, for my BeatBuddy (BB), I presently have several thousand songs and dozens of drum sets on my 32Gb card and I’ve barely used 25% of the available space. Agreed, wav files would use a lot more space….
  • Data transfer speed or lower latency?
  • Cheaper?
  • Standardization? To interoperate with what—the BB?

It would probably take more than just a firmware rewrite, because if it’s expected to interoperate with the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) it would require an update as well.

Why not 128Gb or a micro-SD card?

You could start a new thread as a requirement for the Aeros (and maybe even the BB).

I only use the Aeros. My situation is unique because I got mine second hand and the guy forgot the card. The stores I went to only had 64 gig cards so I’m having to order a 32 gig card on amazon. I’m just surprised to see such a new device with such a low limit. I work in electronics but not on that side as much. I imagine its a limitation of the processor perhaps. Maybe over time I wont be as concerned but I also might buy a few 32 gig cards and store them just in case so it stays future proof.