Aeros with multi power supply for pedal board

The volts and amps match but the Aeros doesn’t work with my multi power supply, the connector looks different, though so does the beat buddy and that one works with either. Doesn’t anyone know if the connector is the problem and if I can get a cable that will work with it?

It might be helpful if you share the brand and model of your new PSU? This way, any users with the same PSU might be better able to offer their advice

Is it a negative center post connector?

It’s a Strymon Zuma and it’s my understanding that both are center negative, is it possible to post a picture on here? Don’t see an attachment option

Here are the forum search results for Zuma.
https://forum.singularsound.com/search?q=Zuma

You might want to reach out to Strymon support for advice.

That’s not a solution that’s just kicking the can

Try powering on the Strymon without having the Aeros initially connected. Wait about 10-15 seconds after the Strymon is powered on and then plug its power cable into the Aeros. If the Aeros powers up using this method, it’s the way the Strymon ramps up the output voltage when it powers up.

Kind of a kluge Bandaid would be inline switches to power on the Aeros after powering up the Strymon. There likely is no fix for the Aeros. Not sure the connectors on these would fit the Aeros, but might.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll give it a try!

My Aeros Gold Edition works with my Strymon Zuma. It does take a long time to show the start-up graphic, maybe ten seconds, but once it does, it starts without any problem. I did have an issue with a third-party connector not working, but I switched to a different one and it was okay. Let me know if you want me to try anything specific.

I just recently purchased the Aeros Loop Studio Gold and it initially powered up just fine from my Strymon Zuma R300 power supply which is rated at 500mA/9volts/center negative. It booted up just fine each time for a couple of days (it took about 10 seconds to boot), until I updated the firmware to 5.2.0. After the update, the Aeros would no longer boot from the Styrmon, no matter how long I waited (I gave it at least 30 second with no results). I tried several different configurations: booting the Aeros with nothing else connected; checking all the cables and connections; booting different pedals from all the connections on the Strymon (all my other pedals booted up with no issue confirming the power supply was not the problem). I finally tried using the original power supply that came with the Aeros and it booted up just fine (again after about 10 seconds). I then swapped out the Strymon power supply for a Ciocks SOL. Each outlet of the SOL is rated for 660mA@9volts and now the Aeros Loop Studio boots from the Ciocks with no issues. The rating of the Aeros according to the manual is 360mA@9volts which is well within the rating of the Strymon R300. I was wondering if the firmware update had a bug in it or if the tech manual was not correct in the power requirements for the Aeros and/or the Strymon. I sent in feedback report to Singular Sound but have yet to hear back from their support (been nearly a week since I sent in the feedback).