American Outside Woman Impromptu

The title of this song comes from the fact that I used a tone on my Les Paul that was reminiscent of something between The Guess Who’s “American Woman” and Clapton’s “Outside Woman Blues.” Impromptu was added because, well, it isn’t a blues song and the leads were pretty much ad-lib.

As you can see in the video, I used another stock BeatBuddy song (Pop 11 16ths), but I substituted the metal drum kit for the standard kit.

I normally create songs by coming up with a rhythm guitar part and finding some suitable drums on the BeatBuddy to match. I usually add the bass track last. However, on this song, I started with the BeatBuddy, came up with the bass track and added the lead guitar track last.

Woo-hoo!

Nice!

I recently discovered that ascap has a new member benefit that allows you to master your songs for free at LANDR. I already master my own songs, but I thought I’d give it a try to see how far off I was from a “pro” master. Turns out, I wasn’t too far off. Here is an example of a LO MP3 (192K bps) download of this song with the High intensity setting on LANDR:

https://www.reverbnation.com/josephrellis/song/27970720-american-outside-woman-impromptu