Any updates on the ETA for MAC version???

When reading forum I would be extremely careful with what to trust. I would indeed be pissed as well, if I was using solely Mac and was said to “take a chill pill” with no extra information to help me out.

But to be completely honest here, after that selectively quoted post in question I would only continue having troubles if either I was stubborn enough to not even try what I was suggested, or if I was simply not caring enough to get BBManager to launch.

Having said that, please note that Mac version is still in progress, but I indeed have pretty limited information on when it will be available.

My decision is whether to use Logic to write drum tracks to load into BB - as the latest firmware seems unlikely to have the discussed click intros and other necessary additions for live work, or to wait for new firmware (no information on that either).

Adding to that, the complications of using a VM work-around makes it possibly better to use Ableton for the moment. Which defeats the whole point of buying a BB.

And that’s what people like me are fed about about. Starting to talk to us would help greatly.

How is calling a Mac user who doesn’t want to deal with emulators and buying a copy of windows “stubborn” and “not caring” any better than someone else telling him to “take a chill pill?” In fact, I think it’s far worse.

I’ve never said anything like that. I feel the information already present on the forum would have helped me to launch BBManager on Mac.

Official version for Mac is in the work currently.

That’s how you as a fully-supported PC user see it Daefacator. I don’t want to buy a Windows OS for a work-around for something I’d bought thinking it would work on a Mac. My Mac has enough stuff loaded as it is, plus Ableton quite happily does the job I’d hoped BB would do.

It’s not encouraging that a high-tech innovator company isn’t prepared to pass on this kind of information. It’s treating customers like they’re idiots, which with a product like this is a long way from being sensible.

If on the other hand maybe Daefacator is telling us to use the VM workaround because there isn’t going to be a Mac version any time soon? Of course with his whatever-relationship with BB, he can’t actually say that…

This may well be the case. The firmware upgrades would have priority obviously - as correcting the problems we’ve all been helping BB to identify affects hardware sales and actual cash income.

I’d support BB in this, as until some of these firmware problems are sorted out - like the obvious default of a click pre-Intro, using a BB for gigs isn’t sensible. But my support as they sort all this out requires my knowing what they’re doing and the timeframe.

It’s bizarre that they prefer to talk down to us than simply give proper answers to the questions.

I bought BeatBuddy specifically to be able to solo gig without a computer, as my Guitar Pro 5.2 is capable to do (almost) all of what BeatBuddy does. A major selling point to me was the MIDI sync capabilities. So, all in all, I’ve paid my $$$ for what I feel is a hardware Guitar Pro (drums only currently). In fact, I bought two units, and I am more than happy with both of them.

Your mileage may vary, but take my word on it - if I ever received my BeatBuddy only to find out the software only works on Mac, I would find a way to launch it regardless of the fact I am using strictly Windows. Especially if the forum had such detailed explanations on the topic!

Please note, that I do not work for Singular Sound, so don’t even try taking my words too close to your heart.
I believe this product is perfect for me. Yes, it has some disadvantages, bugs and temporary problems. One may think starting a brand new project is a metaphysical experience, steeped in satyr semen and fairy farts, but the reality is far less magical. Nonetheless, I feel BeatBuddy will evolve from an already perfect product to a truly amazing one.

You may not work for the company, but you are quite the apostle for them. Not sure how you make a living but good for you that you have so much time on your hands to defend the brand against people whose only complaint is that they feel like they’ve been a bit duped out of hard earned money and their excitement to do what the product was promised to deliver. Also, you (and some others) do it in a very condescending way to add insult to injury.

I’m fairly tech savvy but not a musical software guru nor am I an expert in MIDI. That said, I’ll try late at night after work and family is put to bed, to learn all I can including spending an inordinate amount of time figuring out workarounds or wading through endless threads on this forum to be able to do what was promised to be totally easy and full control using my Mac.

I’m not asking for dates but I would like UPdates on the progress for a Mac version of the software. In lieu of that,… rather in any case, I’d appreciate better tutorials (very simple - no expert level technical knowledge necessary) specifically for those of us who are Mac users that ARE trying to adapt to this less-than-promised product.

And keep in mind, we wouldn’t be bitching if we didn’t believe in this thing.

To be honest with you here, I am not a huge fan of delays, though they happen sometimes. Most likely Mac version takes this long as the team is really small. Without all our love and support they will never be able to deliver, but, well… waiting sucks.

Caring about the product is totally cool, but there is definitely a line out there that has to be kept and respected. No one wants to read pointless nonsense. Mac version, on the other side, is a really hot topic, and I know for sure it will be released.

I know everyone wants definite answers directly from the team. But when you sit down and think about it a little more - if anyone of the team would spend so much time here communicating - all you will have in the end is… one less team member actually doing things! Imagining yourself in their hide even for a split second will probably help you realize, that when your budget is as limited as theirs, you simply cannot afford one more (or less) member socializing.

A couple of things here to add.

1. Daefecator: You did write what I said you wrote about Mac users being stubborn and not caring. It’s all right there in your quote. As another poster wrote above, you’re very condescending.

2. Daefecator: You may feel that the information person on the BB Forum would have helped you to launch BB Manager on a Mac, but that’s not the point. There should be a Mac version and I hope we received the Mac version soon. Until then, there has not been delivery of the product I, and others, paid for almost a year ago. Obviously many Mac users do not want to spend a ton of time with emulators and money buying Windows to make the BBManager work on a Mac. This does not make one stubborn or not caring. If anything, it makes a Mac user practical. I do not understand why you can’t, or refuse, to comprehend this.

3. HugoMack: I do believe a Mac version is in the works. Extremely late, but in the works. Hell, they don’t even have a non-beta windows version.

4. HugoMack: I don’t believe the company is talking down to us. It appears that only Daefacator is talking down to us. As he likes to remind us, he is not an employee of the company.

5. Daefecator: You state that you bought two Beat Buddy pedals. in the interest of full disclosure, did you actually pay in full for both pedals? Were you given the second pedal? Were you given a special discount on the second pedal for your moderator work on the Forum?

6. Daefecator: I take your word that you would spend the time dealing with emulators and spend your money to buy Windows OS to run the Manager software. However, that is irrelevant to what others can, should or must do.

7. You again point out that you do not work for Singular Sound. (Have you been compensated in any way by the company? See my question about your second BB pedal above.) However, you were initially a moderator and, therefore, given certain powers and authority on the board. Although SS took away your title, you still have the moderator powers and continue to present information as if you do have some insider knowledge and responsibility to the company. As one example, you state above that “without our love and support they will never be able to deliver…” That’s quite a disturbing statement. How do you know this? You also state “when your budget is as limited as theirs, you simply cannot afford one more (or less) member socializing.” How do you know what their budget is? And how is providing customer service “socializing?” Also, nobody is asking anyone on the software or firmware development teams to participate in the Forum. They are asking the marketing and customer support people to provide information and customer support on the Forum. They certainly have time to market to prospective new customers.

8. Whatever relationship you have with Singular Sound, they have put you in a position, and allowed you to stay in a position, where you are a de facto spokesperson for the company. The way you treat many people is horrible and a terrible reflection on the company. Perhaps you should think about how your posts reflect on the company before you post. It’s too late to claim you don’t work for Singular Sound.

9. I agree with SS’s decision to not make any promises regarding software delivery dates. That’s bound to backfire. However, an update on the forum every now and then would certainly go a long way in placating the existing customer base that is getting very restless.

Wow, what a wall of text! I must admit, though, that was all about on topic.

At first, I must say it again (and again, and again), that just like any other poster I am in no way a “special” projection of a company that some of you want me to. High post count? Simply shows that I care. Imagine they’ve banned me, say, like after 300 posts (for my “offensive nickname” like DavidE and some other users have reported), I would simply create another account just to be here because I like it! No big deal at all.

I’ve said it multiple times that I started as a moderator only because the spam ads were swarming this place right from the beginning, and this was enraging me, so I wanted to help dealing with them. I don’t get it why the hell this should affect my own point of view and how do I get my facts straight.

I’ve pre-ordered my first pedal in February, 1 for 199$ (+30$ shipping), but when I received my first pedal I should admit that I’ve actually received a footswitch (black FSC-385, as seen in the old videos) and a MIDI cable free of charge for testing purposes. I’ve then ordered an official footswitch (almost as soon as it was announced) and an official MIDI cable in June, 30 for 29$ and 10$ respectively. Then, finally, I’ve ordered a second BeatBuddy in August 19 for 249$ (+30$). It was shipped to me packed with an official pedal.

To be honest I don’t get it why you think I should receive any special treatment. I am just another buyer who sometimes asks something from David via email and shares it on the forum. This may create the illusion that I am somewhat more aware of what is going on. But most of the time I simply make blind guesses and assumptions that are likely to help (but sometimes not). Imagining yourself in other people’s shoes helps big time.
But it is my hobby after all!

Thanks for the close interest to my BeatBuddy orders. I don’t feel this has any relevance to the actual post topic (BBManager Mac version), but I believe this can help calm down some of the most impatient users.

The BB Manager Mac version is still in development and is on its way. The reason that we have not sent out any recent updates relating to the ETA of the Mac version of the program is because it may take longer than expected. Also, we believe it would be wiser to release a stable version of the Mac software, rather than releasing it right now in its current state (even if this requires us to endure certain delays). We are striving and putting forth our best effort to have the Mac version ready by January 2015. While that is not an official release date, we are doing our best to fully release it in that time frame. :slight_smile:

Many thanks.

That’s all we needed to know.

Please feel confident enough in our ability to understand the difficulties of developing then testing software to let us know about any further delays - which may well prove inevitable.

Great, thanks. I’ll be patient. This product is great, and I don’t mind waiting for you to get the Mac situation right. Best, Al

When there is a Mac version, will you send out an E-mail to announce it? I have been checking the BB site several times a day to check on this without any indication of where we are at.

I can’t believe you would think they would keep the Mac release quiet! This is the last big hurdle that they need to overcome and I am sure that there will be announcements on all social media platforms to publicise this long awaited release.

And yet, I made the assumption that they would have the management system up and running before they released the product. :lol:

No, they also need to release a non-beta non- buggy windows manager and fix things in the firmware.

You didn’t assume it. David said it would be so.