Anyone regularly gigging with BeatBuddy?

Very interesting set-up, I’m shooting for something similar. How do you generate the bass ?

As many other forum users, aashideacon uses the one-press with bass (OPB) songs. To do this, you’ll need

• latest BBM and firmware
  • drum sets with bass (guitar); check out SuperBassG and NP SuperBassG
  • OPB songs

I use the “with bass” drumkits and songs

What beat are you using for Folsom Prison?
Thanks

Hey, sorry for the delay. Most of my beats have been grabbed from http://www.midi-hits.com/ and then I use Pro Tools to chop them up into the format for BeatBuddy. That’s where that one is from.

Would be so kind as to send me that beat, that is the best I have heard for what I need.
Thank You

Sorry to sound like a forum cop but midi’s from Midi-hits.com are ones you have to pay for. That’s probably why the quality of the beat is high. Just like the beats and drumsets you have to pay for on the beat buddy site these should not be shared around unless they have been purchased. Maybe you could purchase the song, show Scorc042 purchase proof and he can send you a beatbuddy copy.

On topic
Here is my last video using the beatbuddy at a gig. I was running it through a Yamaha DBR12 with no sub. Bought the sub to the next gig and got some comments on how good it sounded when running the sub as well.

Cheers

No prob, so the mapping will not work with the beatbuddy right off the bat, have to convert it?

Goi

Good to read this, I am about to start gigging with L1 Bose system also using Tonematch mixer which is amazing. The sound quality compared to my old PA (HK speakers) is night and day

Some great stuff there - what harmoniser you using?

I did purchase it, so I wouldn’t feel comfortable sharing it as the underlying midi is not my property as Guitar Stu stated.

You are correct the format off the site wouldn’t work immediately, the midi from the site isn’t just the drums it is a full midi arrangement with all instruments. I find it worth the cost for my time versus trying to program the beats from scratch, though I have done that with a handful of songs.

As Guitar Stu also stated, if you do indeed purchase the midi and want to send me a copy of the receipt, I would be comfortable and happy to send you the .sng file I have created at that point to save you the conversion time.

Thanks, it’s the Digitech Vocalist Live 3.

Acoustic duo with my wife. I use the BB with a Boomerang looper, pitchfork octave pedal and a TC Helicon acoustic play for on the fly vocal harmonies lightly mixed in. I also use a PUC+ to set the BB via onSong and MIDI. I do not do much tap dancing with the BB but it really adds a nice element to what we do. We are more easy listening. Nothing is pre-recorded…all live with loops and the harmonizer.

All this goes through a Allen and Heath little mixer into a Bose compact or L1 model II depending on the room.

I was thinking the Ditto 4 will be my next purchase after the BB. I love the fact that it is two separate loops with a dedicated stop button. I use a regular ditto now, and it works great, but it can be tricky to get it turned off sometimes. Can you elaborate some on the benefits of running it MIDI with the BB?

Also, for you guys using a MIDI switch to free up BB and place it on your stand, are you simply sitting it on a table top attachment on your stand, or are you fastening it some way so the display faces you?

I use mine with every show, over 400 of them since I have gotten it. I use a TC Helicon Voicelive 3 and it syncs easily with loops I create live on stage. I use a Bose L1B2 with the tonematch system. The only problem I seem to have is there are some songs (in the purchased Popular Volumes) that the transition fill volumes are significantly lower in volume than the other beats in the song. I haven’t figured out why that is, but the Bose rep suggested it had something possibly to do with the bears being set up for a stereo or mono sound system and not being able to be utilized for both. No idea if that’s what it is. I try to avoid using those beats (unfortunately) because I don’t like to hear the inconsistencies, and definitely don’t want my audience hearing them either.

Boy, you have some fine and expensive equipment there. I had the same issue with the Popular Volumes as they had some rendition that did not seem to work for me as well. I am still not sure how you are triggering starts, pauses, changes, and endings. Is it all through the beat buddy pedals?

Question for you about your video (since you seem to be using it the way I’m currently using my Fender Expos): How far behind you are they, and can you turn them up substantially before feedback?
Thanks!

Joe

Questions for you about your video (since you seem to be using it the way I’m currently using my Fender Expos): How far behind you are they, and can you turn them up substantially before feedback?
Thanks!

Joe

That gig in the clip I had a monitor and the speaker on the stick was pretty much level with me and I wasn’t getting any sound from it. The next gigs I did I left the monitor at home but bought a sub with me. I had the speaker in pretty much the same spot but back a little where I was getting enough sound out of it as a monitor. I never had any feedback problems. I was using a Shure SM58 and the XR12 Digital mixer can do a good job to eq out some feedback frequencies.
The Acoustic was more prone to some feedback but I didn’t have to much trouble with it and didn’t use it that much.

More volume I may have been in trouble though.

[ATTACH=full]5000[/ATTACH]

I’ve got one gig under my belt. I had many great complements and more bookings through the summer. My rig consists of a Bose L1 and my 3x10 DIY Deluxe (5E3). The guitars are a Gretsch 6120 and a Martin. My only pedal is a Two Timer Delay. I use an attinuator on my 5E3 to adjust the volume to the room. Then I adjust the Bose volume accordingly…I’m using Onsong, connected wirelessly to the beatbuddy, via a Yahama MD-BT01.

I don’t have a photo of my current solo rig but this is with my others “Beat Buddies”
[ATTACH=full]5010[/ATTACH]