Are You Gonna Be My Girl OPB (UPDATED)

Jet

Notes: UPDATED version; tamed snare velocity down; added pacing closed HH until the bass starts playing at the 4th measure.

Suggested kit(s): NP StdPBass 63-91

Includes: 1 song, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Are You Gonna Be My Girl (Jet).zip (65.8 KB)

Disclaimer: Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong , good or bad does not exist.

Hello,

Thank you for the song! I have downloaded it and i have noticed that the beginning has no sound at all during a few seconds although there should be a kind of “crush” intro.

I have been trying to add something on this intro but I am new on Beatbuddy and really don’t know how to make that on an existing song.

Can you help me? Did I maybe just download it or install it wrong?

I’ve checked the song and don’t hear the delay. Here’s some things about the song:

• I did not use a count-in
  • The Intro is tambourine and the velocity may too low to hear anything during the intro
  • The bass starts on the 4th measure

You can try the following:

• Use the suggested drum set NP StdPBass 63-91
  • Use the NP Standard Pro Bass kit and listen for any improvement on the tambourine during the intro
  • Use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) MIDI Editor (or a digital audio workstation (DAW) to move the tambourine instrument to the closed high hat and listen for any improvement. Just keep in mind that once you try to edit the song, it may affect the tempo change that goes from 210BPM to 80BPM.
  • Delete the song from the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM), re-download and import it (I don’t think that will make much difference, though)

EDIT: I added closed HH hits to help pace the song until the bass starts playing. Try downloading the updated version in my original post, above.

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for your advice.

Unfurtonately, I can still here no intro on this song…
I’ve downloaded and imported the song again without making any changes…

When i go into the midi editor, i have a lot of infos « Not supported ».
Is maybe this my problem ? How can i get these elements supported?

image004.jpg

Thanks for sharing the screen shots, Letty. This explains the problem you’re having.

Since this is a one-press bass song, you don’t have the correct drum set active in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM yet). The “*” in front of the drum set name is the indicator.

• click on the link I provided with the song to learn how to search the forum for the drum set,
  • search the forum for the drum set,
  • download,
  • use the BBM to import and then ,
  • activate the drum set by clicking on the Drum Sets tab, scrolling to the bottom of the list and
  • checking the box next to the NP StdPBass 63-91 drum set name,
  • click on the Songs tab and the asterisk for the Default Drum Set name should no longer be displayed.

Try playing the song now. You’ll hear the bass come in at the 4th measure.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help! I’ve downloaded and installed the drumset and now everything works perfectly! Thanks for everything!

1 Like

Hello,
It’s me again :wink:
I have a new request on this song. After the second chorus, there is a long break and it’s very difficult to keep the rythme and start playing the guitar at the right time because there is a long silence (no drums, no bass at this moment).
Would it be possible to add Something like a crush or metronom when the guitar should start playing? That would make it very easyier to start at the right time and keep the right tempo to match the rest of the song (solo and last chorus).
Can you help me with that again?

I’ll take a look at adding a closed HH to pace the audio blank space.

Closed HH hits added to fill audio blank space.
Are_You_Gonna_Be_My_Girl_v2_ALT.sng (17.8 KB)