Assembling different song parts from different songs into a single new song?

I’ve read the manual and looked at several videos but can’t figure this out. I just want to assemble by copying or importing/exporting a complete song part from different songs in the standard library into a single new song? how do you reuse an entire song part from several existing songs into a new song? I can see how you could do it one individual song track at a time but that would take forever. For example create a new song with two song parts. Part 1 is Rock 11 (part 1) and part 2 is Rock 13 (Part 1). how do you do that?

2 Likes

Currently, you would need to copy/paste the song tracks (individual MIDI files that make up the song part = main loop, fills, etc), although we are adding the copying of song parts to our to-do list.

In the BB Manager you can + select and drag them across from one song to another (not sure if it is Ctrl or Alt but I think it is one of these). So create a new, empty song. Then drag the midi part of another song with the button pressed and it will make a copy of the selected part in the empty song. Then just repeat with other parts from other songs.

Sorry…forget my last post - I was mixing up tracks and parts. Although dragging tracks as I described is pretty quick.

Assembling different song parts from different songs into a single new song can be a creative way to make something unique. However, it can also be a time-consuming and challenging process, especially if you’re not familiar with the software or equipment needed.

One way to approach this process is by using a digital audio workstation (DAW), such as Ableton Live, Logic Pro, or FL Studio. These programs allow you to cut and paste different song parts, adjust tempo and key, and add effects and plugins to create your own original song.

Another option is to use a looping pedal or looper software, such as the Boss RC-300 or Mobius Looper, to record and layer different song parts in real-time. This method can be particularly useful if you’re performing live and want to create a new song on the fly.

If you’re struggling to find the right song parts to use, you could also try using a tool like MusConv to transfer and merge playlists from different music streaming services. This can give you access to a wide range of songs and genres, making it easier to find the perfect parts for your new song.

In conclusion, assembling different song parts into a single new song can be a fun and creative process, but it requires some technical know-how and equipment. Consider using a DAW or looper, and don’t forget to explore the wide range of songs available through music streaming services with tools like MusConv.