Automatically Extract External DrumKits to create Wave Files

Hi All!
I have a strange question to do :

I have two korg arrangers with beautiful drumkits and I want to load some of these in my beatbuddy.
Is there a software that can create automatically the wave file for each part ?
Kick.wav , snare.wav , hihat.wav. …

Somethings that you can start by midi input and give you as output different wave files to load in a new beatbuddy drumkit.

Thanks!!!

I think you need to ask that in the Korg support forums tbh

But if it cannot support exporting the kits in that form, you could always try to play and record each item in the kit individually and then load into bb manager…i think that would be a bit of a hassle though tbh

1 Like

Which Korgs? I’ll check my archives.

Here’s a set of Korg Triton wavs. I have 34 different Korgs in my collection. Unfortunately they are all pretty much single shots, not multi-samples, but they do work just fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj32u191iktllr7/Korg%20Triton%20wavs.zip?dl=0

Oh, and as far as I know, there is nothing that would automatically suck them out of your Korg. You would need to record into a DAW and then create the wavs. The advantage of that is you can use multiple velocity levels and get truer sounds. That’s what I did on the LBDM 4BB when recording from the Alesis SR-16. Of course, at the same time, you can also customize the sound to your liking when you are doing the recording. The more adjustable the sound is on your synth makes is that much more difficult to just extract wavs, as there would be literally infinite possibilities for each sound.

Where do you put the wav files after? This is a problem I have to successfully create my kits.

After you download the wav files, just save them to a location on your hard drive where you can easily find them. Then to get them into a drum kit, you can follow this tutorial. Note that this was made for my LBDM 4BB package, so the names reflect those kits. But, the processes are the same.

Thank you. I thought it had to be in the user_lib/wave_sources exclusively. I also found out that I need to use the Browse, not the drag & Drop on Mac to successfully load a sample without problems.

^
A key takeaway is to not use the Mac (or Windows) operating systems to perform any functions such as drag and drop. Always use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM). Why? the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) uses its own file & folder management system. :confused:

Great kit Phil