BandHelper raw midi settings for skip intro

Don’t know if this has already been covered-

I created a midi preset in BandHelper that I can add to any song when I want to skip the intro. My BandHelper app is set to transmit MIDI events/presets for a song upon song selection so this works well for me.

[ATTACH]9915[/ATTACH]

*I initially tried to accomplish the same thing using Beatbuddy CC’s, creating 2 separate midi presets (Start and Pause) but there was always a momentary bit of sound because of the small delay between the transmission of individual presets. It’s adjustable but I didn’t want to mess with it.

thanks sounds quite useful.

How does this work? Aren’t those CC messages for start song followed by pause/unpause?

In BandHelper, you can (as far as I know) only send 1 CC message per device, per preset (this is not raw MIDI, which is the point of my post). That said, I had, at first, created separate Start and Pause presets so I used BandHelper’s built-in MIDI Status to see what data got transmitted. I put that into the Raw MIDI box, selected my BeatBuddy device, saved the preset, and it worked when I tried it.

Sorry. I guess what I meant was I didn’t understand how start and pause would skip the intro…

Are you saying the second message gets through quick enough so that you never hear anything play, and unpause always starts on the main part not an intro?

Regarding multiple CC messages, you can do it on BandHelper. I think the raw midi is most efficient way of doing it but not necessarily obvious what it’s doing. You can in BandHelper create two presets named accordingly, then a third in which you attach the other two (or more). I did this for tempo increment and decrement presets

“Are you saying the second message gets through quick enough so that you never hear anything play, and unpause always starts on the main part not an intro?”

Yes, it skips all those canned intros. And if you press start instead, it would do a fill to begin the song if you wanted that. That’s what I’m seeing.

“Regarding multiple CC messages, you can do it on BandHelper. I think the raw midi is most efficient way of doing it but not necessarily obvious what it’s doing. You can in BandHelper create two presets named accordingly, then a third in which you attach the other two (or more). I did this for tempo increment and decrement presets”

Interesting. I will have to check that out. But can you do that with Start and Pause and still not sound a note? Haven’t got time just now to check this, on my way to work in a bit.

Not sure, but check the general midi settings because there you will see options to send all the presets at once and also possibility of setting a delay between them.

Ok, I see that. I am sending MIDI Presets Together …with Delay Between = 1.2 seonds. That explains the momentary sound. The raw hex preset works so I’ll stick with that, but this is good information. Thank you.