Battery power for busking

Hey can anyone recommend a rechargeable battery pack that will run the beatbuddy and aeros for busking

I use an older lead acid battery jumper pack and a pure sine wave inverter to power my pedal board. Nice and quiet. I have a battery operated speaker.

1 Like

Make sure it doesnt read higher than 9v otherwise your gonna have a serious problem.

One thing to be cautious of is many lithium battery packs I’ve seen work on various voltages (multiple 5v, 9v, 12v, 18v) buck converters are largely unfiltered and can cause issues especially injecting noise on lower voltages. I powered the Aeros and Beatbuddy and other devices and seriously had to filter any 9v device. Another consideration especially when using multiple batteries while charging is possible ground loops. YMMV. Next time I think I’ll build my own.

Check out the Donner DP-X… i use it for powering my pedals for things like open mic… it is battery powered, although you can charge it and use it at the same time. It’s only about $50. it has 3 higher power outputs for pedals like the BB, as well as several standard 100 ma outputs for non-digital pedals.