BB as Midi Sequencer

The BB is already very versatile. The possibility to use it as a sampler in a footpedal ist unique.
But why not go further?
The option to send the played midi notes through the midiout could be used to trigger other MIDI instruments such as Bass, synth, Piano or harmonies for the Voicelive etc.
You could underlay each Song part with additional background.
Unfortunately the BB handles MIDI notes in a very strange way. For each midi note played, the BB send multible Noteoff and Zero Velocity commands. No other Instrument than a drumpad could be triggered by such a Midi signal.
Why cant the BB play a standand Midifile with all the notelength, aftertouch, etc. and perhaps even CC commands. The possibilities would be even more unheard of.

2 Likes

Interesting!
We may do this eventually, but we are not prioritizing this right now, thanks for the suggestion!

Reviving an old post after I started to post a similar question and this popped up. Don’t know what the BB version was when the original question was posted and it’s been over 2 years since the original post (I’m thinking the BB version is the same as 2 years ago, but not sure). Has this ever been implemented or still being considered? The BB’s MIDI output channel can be set to 1 to 16, but I don’t know if a MIDI file with a channel other than 10 could be played through to the MIDI output to drive a sound module or keyboard “with all the notelength, aftertouch, etc.”. As the OP stated a MIDI sequencer function could be very useful.

I think I saw in the settings for the latest firmware that you can send MIDI Notes out. Might be worth checking to see if that’s what you’re looking for though :slight_smile:

Hey there,

we likely will not be doing this for the BeatBuddy but it is something to consider for the future

Thanks for the feedback!