BB Backing Track procedure - How to create a panic stop

A user posed the following question to me

After some experimentation, I have found a solution.

To summarize, place the song’s midi trigger file in the Main Loop, not the intro or outro. Be sure that the trigger file is created to have space after the song’s end, with an additional note added several bars after the main trigger, and placed on an unsupported note. The additional not must reach the end of a bar, or the midi file will not begin on the beginning of a bar. Then, in the midi drumkit, set the song wav file as “non-percussion.” Save the drumset using Drumsets>Save Drumset. The will save the change to the drumset in your BB Workspace. After making those changes, you can then Save your Project using the method that works best for you.

1 Like

I’ve found myself using the foot switch to kill a DOP, OPB, etc., song. Otherwise, I reach down and dial up another song on the main pedal, but I use very, very few DOP, OPB songs in a live group. I use them mainly for practice and jams. Live, many times, it sounds too structured (which it’s supposed to be), but stifles the freedom to add a jam, when it seems appropriate.
Nothing like a live drummer1

Hi Phil,

To stop the song in the middle, you can follow these steps:

Go to the Settings - Main Pedal - “Start Beat” and set it to “Release”. This way, when you pause the song with the footswitch, holding down the main pedal will clear/finish the song.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need assistance.