BB, IPAD PRO MIDI ISSUES?

Just wondering here…old iPad Air2 works great, using BandHelper to send midi to BB. No issues at all. Switch to new iPad Pro and nothing… so, with everything else being the same, I’m wondering if my new usb to usb-c (on the pro) adapter isn’t quite right? It doesn’t seem to fit as well so I ordered the official Apple cable (at 2x the price).

While I’m waiting… anyone have an idea of what, if anything, I might have missed?

I don’t have the new iPad Pro, but I have the new Macbook Pro and use midi. My guess is the USB to USB-C adapter is your problem. In addition to the Apple option, I have found 2 other adaptors that work for me (at least on the MacBook Pro): ‘JSAUX USB Type C Male to USB 3.0 Female OTG Cable’ and ‘Syntech USB C to USB Adapter (2 Pack), Thunderbolt 3 to USB 3.0 Adapter’.

FYI, I had to send back the following midi interface, as it didn’t work for me: ‘FORE MIDI to USB Interface MIDI Cable Adapter with Input&Output’. I am now using ‘iConnectivity mio 1-in 1-out USB to MIDI Interface’ with and adaptor, and it works fine on Macbook Pro.

Hope this helps.

I’d also hazard a guess and say it’s a dodgy connector…I am right into using all wireless at the mo (Yamaha MD-BT01, WIDI et al) and loving NO cables at all!

I have been using iOS for years, and the one thing experience has taught me is that the cheaper connects are simply not worth it in the end for reliability, connectivity (ie actually working) and ease. The genuine is always more expensive but , in my case at any rate, always works!