BB screen “NO SONG” I downloaded “Vol 1 - The Most Popular Songs”

BB screen shows “NO SONG” after I downloaded “Vol 1 - The Most Popular Songs”, unzipped them, copied them to two different formatted FAT 32 SD Cards. One was 4 gb and a new one SanDisk 32GB Ultra SDHC UHS-I Memory Card - 90MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, SD Card. Erased and formatted both cards 2 times same results. I have read all of the forum “NO SONG” threads. When I unzip the “Vol 1 - The Most Popular Songs” it has 10 song folders with mid files plus to non-folder pbf files are on the SD card. I did not see any cvs files in the folders (Born To Wild by Steppenwolf, etc) which seem to be on the SD card that came with BB in the DRUSETS, EFFECTS and SONGS folders of the BB SD card. So i am not clear if there are files missing when I unzip the “Vol 1 - The Most Popular Songs” or is there a step I am missing. Do I need to use the BB Manager and does it create the csv file? Please advise on what may be wrong.
Thanks Fred

Hi 'ya, Fred. Your song folders need to be a part of a project in order to work on the BB pedal and this is accomplished through the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM). That’s why you don’t see any cvs files. Before you get too much deeper down your rabbit hole, spend some time familiarizing yourself with the contents of the embedded links: Link (in blue font) for new user resources

Here’s how to get everything working:

1. Put the pbf file on your desktop
  • Launch the BBM
  • From the BBM top menu File - Import - Folder and navigate to your desktop and Open the pbf file
  • Open the folder in your BBM and try the songs; they should play
  1. To put the content on your SD card:
  • Place the unlocked card in your computer SD slot reader
  • Erase all of the files and folders on the SD card (don’t format)
  • BBM File - Export - Project to SD card and accept the prompt for future synchronization
1 Like

Thanks for the fast Reply. I’ll follow those instructions.
Are they posed some where? Maybe have a link on the web page where it says " DESIGNED FOR BEATBUDDY PERSONAL DRUMMER. REQUIRES THE BEATBUDDY MANAGER SOFTWARE TO LOAD IT". Just a thought.
Thanks agin Fred

The Quick Start Guide is in one of the hyperlinks embedded in the resources link.