BB strange noises

^^
If you want to eliminate lots of folders and drumkits as a factor, create and save a new minimal project in your BBM and export that new project to your new SD card. Don’t forget to load 2.0.4 firmware to the card.

Again Anthony best of luck with this. Our trio has used BB (mostly stock beats but more recently some MIDIfied bass and keys kits) for almost 3 years and could not work without it now. Joe (aside from being in the Senators hockey domain - not much room for me to argue now my Bruins have come to earth) is likely correct. Seems to need repair. Mine has suffered only from ‘power static’ noise which as I said was resolved by simply plugging a 9V supply into my pedal board’s power strip instead of the brick.

I feed L/R outputs into a $100 Boss volume pedal (can’t see using it for guitar or anything subtle but it works for dynamic BB fades up and down). The fills - toms, etc roll across the room beautifully. Granted audience on one side vs the other might nor appreciate it but I record everything (as you can see in my signature link) and its nice.

Question …I currently have my BB going into a Sonic Stomp (mono to mixer)which seems to clear everthing up a little…anyhoo if I want to go stereo would I need 2 tip ring leads one from BB to Sonic Stomp and the other from Sonic Stomp to Mixer if that all makes sense

Not sure I understand where you’re trying to go with the Sonic Stomp Anthony? First its likely any cable TR or TRS will do (see the attached) - I use short (color optional :wink: jumper TRS from BB on L & R and typical TR instrument cables to the mixer fro the volume pedal. In your scenario you are just feeding one cable BB>Sonic>mixer? You will need two parallel feeds (L&R) into the mixer.
[ATTACH]9592[/ATTACH]

The Sonic Stomp does not have a stereo signal processing arrangement. If you wanted to run both B.B. outputs to the Sonic Stomp, you would need a stereo to mono summing cable on the input side of the Sonic Stomp. On the output side, you would continue to use a standard mono cable (TS, not TRS). BBE has a rack processor that is stereo, but, as far as I know, the pedal versions have all been mono.

Or, you could run 2 separate Sonic Stomps.

…or you could run the BB mono.

I noticed my BB sounded a bit muddy front of house I just have a 3 band eq on my mixer (Yamaha MG12XU)it was suggested on here either run it through a EQ Pedal or Sonic Stomp and actually the Sonic Stomp makes a world of difference it kind of clears it up and gives a little compression and clarity to the sound.Maybe that muddiness however will clear up if I run it in stereo?so in your opinion running the BB in stereo makes heaps difference right?
p.s thanx so much for your advice and help and attachments

I currently run it in mono but am really curious to see the difference to sound if I run stereo and to get those drum fills going left to right would be cool

So TRS from Sonic Stomp and from output just TS to desk? but wouldn’t I need the Stereo to Mono (summing cable)going from output as well going into the left right input on desk.
Please forgive my ignorance with this Ive always had trouble with the stereo thing.
p.s does running BB in stereo make a marked difference to quality of and does it do the panning drum fill thing?

When you use the stereo to mono summing cable, the left and right signals are summed into a single mono signal. The Sonic Stomp will only process mono. So, the signal coming out of the Sonic Stomp is mono. You COULD split that back out to two signals, but they would both be the same. So unless you are wanting to do something like having two different EQ mixes on the same mono signal, there would be no reason to have a second signal come out of the Sonic Stomp. You will get the full signal with just a single mono out.

From the B.B. you have two mono signals, the left and right channels. The summing cable makes these into a mono signal. All three of these connections are TS. The summed connector goes into the Sonic Stomp. Out of the Sonic Stomp, you use a single TS connector to your mixer.