BBFF iOS app

Has anybody used this app yet, it is a bit pricey at AU$50 so I am keen to know if anyone has tried it yet

TIA,

ian

This is the first I’ve heard of it. It’s $32.99USD and I don’t want to spend that much to find out if it works or not. Here’s a link to the developer’s website https://bbff.rocks that has links to the app store description. Maybe Singular Sound can fill us in on how well it works.

I have not, probably will not. The adapters run upwards of $50USD, as well.

I just started using it. It’s great because I’d rather have the beats available to me on my iPad rather than the foot pedal.

1 Like

Hi Ian

I’m the developer of BBFF and I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.
It may be pricey, but you will get what you pay for. If you want complete control of your BeatBuddy from your phone (or tablet), then this app is for you. If you’re happy to bend over and work the pedal on the floor, or mount it on a stand, or use another controller, then it’s not for you.
I am here to back up the app with support and have had nothing but 5 star responses from those who have chosen to purchase and use the app.
Feel free to email me at andrew@bbff.rocks

The BBFF works great and does everything it advertises! No bending over tweaking BB knobs/controls - everything is controllable with the BBFF app interface. I’m even using an old iPhone i7.

Here’s the catch if using this within the SS Holy Trinity (BB, Aeros, MIDI Maestro). Since the hard midi connections are taken up running the BB breakout cable, I needed a midi over bluetooth device to get everything to communicate and this product worked…

WIDI Thru6 BT - Hybrid MIDI Thru/Splitter

$60 on Amazon.

Maybe there’s something less expensive but this did the trick. Maybe a little costly for some between the cost of BBFF App and the WIDI Thru6 BT but for me - well worth the convenience of having BB control at my fingertips using a mobile device.

If you are not very technical maybe don’t bother. I’m a novice technically and midi experience still a bit beyond my grasp but I got this to work.

Hi @Raban624
I have some questions about the WIDI Thru6, having maxed out on my physical connections. Not wanting to hijack this thread, is it OK to PM you about your experience with the Thru6?
Thanks
Luis

Hi Steve, Because the Midi Maestro should be the master, and the manual states:

The MIDI Maestro also passes all MIDI commands that come into its MIDI IN port to the OUT port, this on its own is known as MIDI Thru. The MIDI Maestro technically works using MIDI Merge, it sends both the commands it generates and the commands it receives (from MIDI IN) through the OUT port.

You should be able to add a MIDI-BLE (Bluetooth) adapter to the MIDI in of the Midi Maestro and have BBFF send commands that are then routed through the MIDI chain to the BeatBuddy.
I don’t have all three devices to test this. You could complete the chain by having the other end of the Bluetooth adapter connected to the out of the BeatBuddy.

Happy to help jdonato, reach out

Thanks Andrew, I’ve not tried MM as the master for anything yet and need to experiment more on that front.

Otherwise I do have BBFF working as described above with BB as master.

1 Like

Ian, do you have any demo videos so we can see how it connects and works.

Hi Tony

You can see a demonstration video at https://bbff.rocks or on YouTube
You can see videos of how it connects via Bluetooth MIDI or USB MIDI

Andrew

I am having lots of trouble getting this to work…
says it uploaded my project but i cant see anything in bbff.

should i see it make a connection in my ipad bluetoothe, if so whats it called

Hi Neil, I did reply to your email and will continue to help you there.
Did you watch the videos in this post above?
I have also added a new video showing how to synchronise your project