BBLoader Bug

Getting a failure to restore from backup in BB Loader. Using Ventura 13.2.1

Workflow:

1. Backup my main card using BBLoader
  2. Insert by “backup” card and choose “Restore from a Backup”
  3. Choose the recently created backup
  4. Get an error

Stack Trace:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:256)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:338)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:121)
at com.singularsound.bbloader.model.files.XmlReadable$DefaultImpls.stringAsXml(XmlReadable.kt:9)
at com.singularsound.bbloader.model.beatBuddy.ProjectInformationFile.stringAsXml(ProjectInformationFile.kt:14)
at com.singularsound.bbloader.model.beatBuddy.ProjectInformationFile.(ProjectInformationFile.kt:20)
at com.singularsound.bbloader.model.beatBuddy.BeatBuddyProject.getProjectInformationFile(BeatBuddyProject.kt:112)
at com.singularsound.bbloader.model.beatBuddy.BeatBuddyProject.(BeatBuddyProject.kt:53)
at com.singularsound.bbloader.view.UserProcessesKt.autoNavigateToProject(UserProcesses.kt:97)
at com.singularsound.bbloader.view.UserProcessesKt$chooseProjectFile$1.invoke(UserProcesses.kt:192)
at com.singularsound.bbloader.view.UserProcessesKt$chooseProjectFile$1.invoke(UserProcesses.kt:178)
at tornadofx.FXTask.call(Async.kt:457)
at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1423)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

NOTES:

1. I was able to use the restore from an old backup (created using the previous version of BB Loader), but backups created using the new version fail when you try to restore from them. This seems to indicate that the problem is with the backup creation, NOT with the restore function.
  2. I was able to just copy the card contents from the backup folder to the card and it seemed to work, so it’s not a show stopper, but it is annoying.

Hey there,

have you updated to 13.4 and are you using 1.1.1?

I am using 1.1.2. I recently updated to 13.6. I still get the same error “Content is not allowed in Prolog”

It’s not a show stopper because I can still export and I can still just manually copy the content to my backup card.