BBM 1.65 > When importing saved songs, name is not retained

I have BBM 1.65. I use that to create a song and export it to a location with a specific name. It saves with the name and extension as “.sng”.
When I import that song back into the BBM software the name is changed and now shows as a series of alpha-numeric characters.
Anyone know what is happening?

This has happened to me. Can you post a screen shot of your song in BBM? just want to see what it looks like. Can not remember what the fix was off the top of my head. so maybe a pic might help me :slight_smile:

OK some updates and findings.
Miss from my end. The song is located outside the BB Workspace. I think that is the issue. However, inside the workspace I now have folders with the name
Default - Project (hidden folder)
default_lib
user_lib

Each of these folders have subfolders. I wonder, where should my song files be located.
The folder I created inside my BBM 00_Index is not shown inside any of these folders.
I copied a .sng file into the folder user_lib/songs/ and that still does not show up in BBM.

Here is the screenshot as requested.
[ATTACH=full]7090[/ATTACH]
Any thoughts?

You should use ONLY Beat Buddy Manager to move songs and drums in and out of your BB Workspace. The stuff in your BB Workspace is secret voodoo, and if you mess with it by moving things in and out, your BB will develop a case of very bad mojo.

Yes what Phil Said :slight_smile: If you still have any issue attached one of the songs to this thread and one of use will import it. See if we have the same problem but as Phil said if your moving, importing, exporting, and rename outside of BBM then that is the problem. You have to use BBM to perform those functions.

[LIST]
[]Check to see that you aren’t using special characters in the BBM folder or song name
[
]Export the song with a different name than what it’s named in the BBM and then try to import; do you get anything different?
[*]What’s the BBM song name? (not the alphanumeric)
[/LIST]
Let us know if this doesn’t resolve the naming issue. If it doesn’t, and you’ve manipulated the BB song’s and folders using your computer operating system or created multiple bbworkspace folders, you may have to delete all of these folders and start with a reinstall of the BBM.

Here’s what I have done based on above suggestions. I just did the following steps.
Add / Remove programs.
I have Win 10 Operating System
Removed

• Beatbuddy Manager bundle
  • Beatbuddy Manager
  • Beatbuddy Manager lib

The location of the BB workspace is
C:\Alex\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\BBWorkspace
Deleted all folders and files from this location using Windows Explorer
Installed BeatBuddy_Manager_lite_1.6.5 and all sub apps
Add / Remove Programs now has

• Beatbuddy Manager bundle
  • Beatbuddy Manager
  • Beatbuddy Manager lib

Plugged in my BB SD Card
Launched BBM
Message states that the project name is now missing / Also have a window to choose BBM workspace location
Pointed the workspace location to C:\Alex\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\BBWorkspace
Would you like to reset the last Navigation location? Opted Yes
Clicked on OK on the Open Project Message box.
Clicked on File > Open Project > and pointed to the SD card
Save a copy of your project now?
Save Project as
By default the project location was C:\Alex\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\BBWorkspace\user_lib\projects
Named new project as Gospel Music > Save
Copying files message.
Do you want to link this for future sync > Yes
Exported “Rock 9” to the folder “C:\Alex\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\BBWorkspace\user_lib\songs” with the name as “065. Hear O Israel”
Highlighted the folder 00_Index
Imported the song from the location “C:\Alex\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\BBWorkspace\user_lib\songs” and now renamed from “Rock 9” to “065. Hear O Israel”
Made necessary tempo modifications and then saved
Quit from BBM
Relaunched BBM
The folder 00_Index is empty - disappointing
Reimported the song back to 00_Index folder “065. Hear O Israel” from “C:\Alex\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\BBWorkspace\user_lib\songs”
The file name is now back to “Rock 9” - disappointed again (One positive thing is that it is not junk alphanumeric characters)

What next??

I guess you didn’t believe the secret voodoo thing. Don’t export songs to a songs folder in the workspace. Just put the song in BB Manager and save the project. If you want to export the song to have a back-up, fine. Make a back-ups folder on your HD, not in the workspace. Export the song to that location.

So I think this was all not good to do:

Exported “Rock 9” to the folder “C:\Alex\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\BBWorkspace\user_lib\songs” with the name as “065. Hear O Israel”
Imported the song from the location “C:\Alex\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\BBWorkspace\user_lib\songs” and now renamed from “Rock 9” to “065. Hear O Israel”
Made necessary tempo modifications and then saved
Quit from BBM
Relaunched BBM
Reimported the song back to 00_Index folder “065. Hear O Israel” from “C:\Alex\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\BBWorkspace\user_lib\songs”
The file name is now back to “Rock 9” - disappointed again (One positive thing is that it is not junk alphanumeric characters).

You change the name in BB Manager, just click on the song name, and enter whatever you want. Then with that song select, go to file>Export song, and export it to somewhere that you will use to archive songs. I would reckon, you need to restart once again, and leave the Workspace pristine, untouched. BB Manager will move things in and out of the Workspace as it needs them. If I had my druthers, the BB Workspace would be a hidden file so we couldn’t mess with it. It is that fragile.

Oh let me add!
All of the export and import are all done from within the BBM.

Plugged in my BB SD Card
Launched BBM
The entirity of the steps below were inside the BBM. None from Windows Explorer.
Message states that the project name is now missing / Also have a window to choose BBM workspace location
Pointed the workspace location to C:\Alex\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\BBWorkspace
Would you like to reset the last Navigation location? Opted Yes
Clicked on OK on the Open Project Message box.
Clicked on File > Open Project > and pointed to the SD card
Save a copy of your project now?
Save Project as
By default the project location was C:\Alex\Gospel\Church\Apps\BeatBuddy\BBWorkspace\user_lib\projects
Named new project as Gospel Music > Save
Copying files message.
Do you want to link this for future sync > Yes
Clicked on the Rock 9 song inside the Rock folder in BBM and clicked on File > Export song
Clicked on File > import song inside the BBM
Made necessary tempo modifications and then saved the project inside the BBM
Quit from BBM
Relaunched BBM
Clicked on File > import song inside the BBM
The file name is now back to “Rock 9” - disappointed again (One positive thing is that it is not junk alphanumeric characters)

Hope this helps.

Are you changing the name within BBM. Or, are you changing it within your PC’s OS? And, was this folder 00 created by using the BBM new folder command, or with some other method?

Are you changing the name within BBM >> .
Or, are you changing it within your PC’s OS? >>
And, was this folder 00 created by using the BBM new folder command >> ,
or with some other method? >>

Then I would suggest attaching the song with the issue and let one of us import it to see what happens

Ok. Try exporting the song without the period after the 065. If that doesn’t work, here is what I would do:

1. Export Rock 09 to your hard drive. You probably want to keep your originals as they came, so we work from a copy. Put it into a file called “songs in process” or something else descriptive. You export using the BBM File>export song command. Don’t change the name yet.

2. Since you already have your 00 folder created with BBM, click on it to make it the active folder. Go to File>import song. Navigate to the location where you stored the song. Select Rock 09. Rock 09 should now be in your 00 folder.

3. Make your tempo and other edits to Rock 09 in the 00 folder. Change the name to 065 Hear O Israel.

4, Save the project. (File>Save Project)

1. Create another new folder on your hard drive. Call this “Finished songs” or something likewise descriptive. Export 065 Hear O israel to this location using the File>Export Song Command.

2. Quit BBM. Restart BBM.

A. Is 065 Hear O Israel still in folder 00? If yes, good. If no, attach the file as @jstrauss suggests.
B. If the file is there, create folder 01 in your BBM project using the Songs>New Folder command.
C. Import 065 Hear O Isreal to file 01. Is the name correct? If yes, we’re done. If no, attach that file, too.

Alex KW’s problem has been resolved. Thanks all!

Persist: A shoutout to you. Thanks for fixing this for me. Thanks for your attention on this issue.
Long Story Short… The issue was that I was using an incorrect file naming option. BBM does not like a “.” in the file name.
So now I have resorted to replace the “.” with “-” and that is going good.

Thank you @ Moderator “Persist”. You persisted in getting this fixed.
Thank you “JStrauss” and “Phil Flood”.
Thank you all for stepping up :slight_smile: Greatly appreciated. :):):):):):):):):):):slight_smile:
I am on my way to make some music…

I am sure you will hear a lot more from me… Please do not mind

Great news. Enjoy your BB.

Team, is there anyway we can add this to the BBM manual.
A “Do Not” BBM does not like a full stop “.” in a file name or something to that effect so it can help future users.