I have worked with the beatbuddy 1.33 version for several days to set up new drumsets. I used a flawlessly working Wondows 7 laptop from my friends (HD etc working fine) for that, but would welcome a Mac Version as it was announced quite a while ago. Using parallels and beatbuddy on my Mac was not much fun. I use the beatbuddy connected to the laptop as overwriting the SDCard is not possible in the SD slot of my laptop.
I guess I stumbled over what I consider bugs:
- Synchronising was suddenly greyed out (worked before), even after new drumsets were created. Exporting the project to the SD Card inside the beatbuddy was also not possible because of the “invalid song” message. But I did not alter the default song material at all, neither created new songs. Strange.
- I restarted bbmanager, synchronising was not greyed out anymore, but sybchronising was not possibble because of the “invalid song” message.
- Saving the project und a new name files the whole material not in the same folder level as the formerly saved projects, but one level deeper. In other words: Save your project ten times, you will have ten folder levels with the same material. Makes no sense to me.
- Minor thing: Open a new drumset and bbmanager will ask you to save the current drum set, even if there is no drum set loaded.
- Strange layout: Sometimes the drumset list in the left column of the bbmanager shows the sets without with clickable rectangles (sorry for my English, I hope you understand what I mean), somestimes without, sometimes ticked on, sometimes not. I understand there is a difference between user and default drumsets, but this is all in all very confusing and not intuitive at all. Anyway, my 2 cents…
Just a few of many more things that I found strange. Maybe cou can help me with that annoying “invalid song” message?