BBManager not working under macOS Catalina

Hi, it looks like BBManager is not compatible with the latest MacOS (Catalina).
After installation, when launching the app I get this message:
“BBManager can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.”
Any plans for releasing a compatible version?

Many thanks

It worked for me. Search the forum for Catalina: https://forum.singularsound.com/search?context=topic&context_id=18979&q=Catalina&skip_context=true

Giacom ,

it might be possible that you need to go to the System Preferences and ticket “Allow unknow applications developer”! I am working with Catalina!
Try this please

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, it’s working now

1 Like

Was just gonna say that! Glad it was reolved :slight_smile:

I give up, I’ve got the same message. I am 67 years old, a female, no tech savvy, have a new first time mac user 27 in Catalina, and have purchased the bb and footswitch, and the premium library on an SD card that I just received. I am tired of spending days on this. Can’t y’all make it simple for the non tech folks who just want to use the damn drum machine??? I know, I know, it’s most likely the damn Mac and Apple who make all things miserable. I am also having issues with my protools and Ilok . I bought the dang Mac with 64 gb cards so I can do video and music recording with ease. Also downloaded the Adobe creative suite. hahaha, I am so in over my head. But it is lockdown and plenty of time to learn.

Moderator: Help me Obiwan, you’re my only hope. PS, could be my covid fog too, was is Critical Care June 2020, 3 weeks, and 4 months recovery at home. Good to be on this side of the dirt!!! Thus I want to record my lifetime of songwriting for my kids and fans. Beat Buddy will make the percussion part so much easier than using the keyboard percussion!! Blessings for a better year for all of us are wished!
Ever, Norine Mungo

I am not sure how to do that. I went into system prefrences and there is that search box at the top right. Is that where I type that in? I did type it there and his enter, but nothing came up. Totally not tech savvy, I am new to Mac, 67 yrs old, a female uke player, lol, and have downloaded protools, adobe creative suite, added 64 gb to my mac for speed, and now beat buddy purchase with foot switch and the premium library SD card. What to do? Do I NEED the bbmanager???

Hi, Norine and welcome. Glad to hear that you’re still “on top of the green” and hope that you’ll remain that way for a long time :grinning:

It’s not entirely the Mac’s fault but the fact that Singular Sound has not kept the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) software up to date with the Mac operating system changes.

Two things:

1. The BeatBuddy (BB) pedal can use SD cards up to 32Gb and that are non-video types. You’ll need an SDHC 32 Gb Class 10 card for your BB.
  2. I’m sending you a PM—a private message to your forum inbox. You should see a green envelope in the upper right corner of the forum screen. Click on it and you should see my PM.

UPDATE: Norine now has the BBM up and running in Catalina and so I have about an 85% success rate helping users to install the BBM on Mojave and Catalina. If you’re having issues, please PM me and I’ll try to help. My luck however, with getting the BBM to run under Big Sur is spotty at best. Same applies here, if you need help with Big Sur, please PM me.

2 Likes

First time commenting. Having same issue with Catalina as norine. Was working fine three weeks ago. Logged on today (Recent update) and now apparently… BBManager” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash. …Report Malware… Dead in the water as I was about to arrange set list. Please help.