BBmanager software crashes when importing - OS X (10.8.5)

Firmware Version : 2.04
OS X : (10.8.5)

Every time I try and import a song or drum kit it crashes:

Process: BBManager [97246]
Path: /Applications/BBManager.app/Contents/MacOS/BBManager
Identifier: com.mybeatbuddy.BBManager
Version: 1.6.4 (1.6.4.0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [327]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2018-02-11 18:15:19.891 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F2560)

Minimum OS recommended is 10.9

http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com//index.php?threads/beatbuddy-manager-1-50-1-windows-mac.4382/page-4

That doesn’t mean it won’t work as some users report that it seems to work with versions < 10.9

I wonder if my crashes this morning are due to the same problem:
I am trying to build a drum kit in BBM Drum Kit Maker. If I manually browse for and import a .wav file into a cell in the instrument build area. It works fine. If I drag and drop as per page 5 of the Drum Maker Software Manual, the filename field turns red with a weird numerical filename and whatever I do after that, BBM crashes out. See screenshots of Mac and BBM software/OS and the offending filename.[ATTACH]8741[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8742[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8743[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8744[/ATTACH]

^

I’ve had BBM weirdness with the drag and drop from a OS 10.11, 10.12, and 10.13 Finder folders or files. The drag and drop seems to go through the motions but that’s about it.

Best to use the BBM to import files.

High Sierra uses a new file system (APFS) and I don’t think app developers have updated their software yet. Every new beta of 10.13 introduces new problems with the BBM and I’ve provided feedback to the Apple developers. I don’t think that Apple is totally responsible for making older apps work with each new release of their OS. Singular Sound’s infrequent updates to the BBM probably bears the greater responsibility.