BBMO newb

I’m a longtime BB Mini user, so understand the whole concept, however I’ve just bought a BB and need some help on getting started on BBMO. The first thing I want to do is just put together a playlist with all the songs in my setlist, using the standard beats and drum kits, just defining the BPM whether or not the song has an Intro or Outro and then re-order them. I get the concept of each song in a playlist not being a copy, but being a reference to the original song. So… If I modify a song, say rename “Rock 2” to “Pretty in Pink”, set the BPM at 136, and get rid of the Outro, does that mean that I have just modified “Rock 2”? If not, how do I create a copy of the song “Rock 2” so that I can edit it, rename it etc? and I assume once I’ve done that it appears in my “Song list” alongside all the standard beats. Long question I know, sorry, but there aren’t any BBMO user guide videos yet, just the old BBM software.

What I found very helpful as I started to work with the BBMO was to browse the user manual. BBMO User Manual and on p.24 you’ll find the information you need.

A summary of the process:

• select the song:
  • click the song’s 3-dot menu
  • duplicate the song
  • move it to a new folder (by using the 3-dot menu again)
  • change the song name and make other edits
  • save the project
  • add it to your playlist
1 Like

Thanks, exactly what I needed.

3 Likes