Beat arrangement for this song??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSJYZyouek
Hi I am a big fan of The Replacements
and this one is definitely one of my favourte
however,I can only recognize the main loop is the Rock 1 beat
but anyone knows those beats name at around 0:10??

I’d recommend searching some drum tabs on the internet for your song in question. If you happen to find a Guitar Pro tab, that would be really convenient to use it for making a BeatBuddy song. Just search the forum to know how :slight_smile:

I think we would structure our forum better in the future to simplify the process of finding answers.

Thanks
currently I have managed to export the midi file from guitar pro 5.2
however
when I try to import it to bb manager
the drum sound is missing
they are only some clash sound

Double check all the MIDI notes used in the pattern you’ve exported.

All of them should be supported by BeatBuddy drum set you are using.
To get that list, head to Project Explorer > Drum Sets, and double click a name.

Related info that you may find useful - http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1206&p=4251#p4251. Additional links there as well.

I have found that I usually have to transpose the bass drum up a note, from “acoustic bass drum” to “bass drum” (note 36 to 37) and sometimes transpose “Electric Snare” to “Acoustic Snare” (note 41 to note 39), Also I usually have to transpose the toms up one, as in: make “low floor tom” (note 42) “high floor tom” (note 44) and sometimes that means shifting up an existing high floor tom up to “low tom” (note 46) and so on.

Hey, Charles, are you sure you put that figures correctly? All your numbers are +1 of what they should be.

Acoustic Bass Drum is 35, and you probably upped that to “Bass Drum 1” number 36.
Electric Snare is 40, and you probably lowered that to Acoustic Snare 38.
etc

Here is what Guitar Pro 5.2 shows for drums (and it actually matches GM map perfectly).

General MIDI map:

Thanks guys
I realize the bb are not able to play Tambourine sound so far
I guess that’s why it can’t play properly

It can you just need.

1. The WAV file of a tambourine
  2. add that as an instrument to a drum kit
  3. Set the midi note required for it to trigger
  4. A midi file with the midi note to trigger the WAV file.

Details of how to edit a drum kit are part of the Manager software download.

Beckerdo also created some good instructions and well as created his own Drumkit.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1196

WOW
thanks man
those were really nice drum kit
gotta try it out later

Just to be sure
so it have no Electric snare so far?

Can you rephrase and expand the question?

My bad
I was trying to ask is the beat buddy allow to play the electric snare sound so far?
because sometimes when I deport the midi file from gp5
some drum part were missing like the electric snare

Although the BB is general midi compatible it is designed to be a drummer replacement or stand-in as such it does not have the full sound set of a general midi drum set. To cater for other requirements there are different kits eg Latin or percussion however only one kit can be used at a time. As I stated above you can add to the existing kits any wave file (as long as it is not over 3mb) and the total kit is not larger than 100mb.

More info here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1274

Ok
so back to the tambourine part
so I got that sound from other kits
is it possible if I add the tambourine to my rock drum kit?

Yes, open BBManager, go to Project Explorer tree view, select Drum Sets, double click “Rock”, select Organize > Add Instrument from the main menu.
You will see your new instrument appear in the end “0-Instrument (vol 0dB)” or smth like that.
Click on it to change the name (optionally), select the necessary MIDI note (obligatorily), note the rest options - you will tweak them later when polishing the overall sound.
Close settings, and add some WAV samples to there. They will be played when your selected MIDI note will appear in a MIDI pattern.

I added those wav file
but it goes like this
https://scontent-b-nrt.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/1655474_1021756991183843_844861152587628299_o.jpg
am I doing something wrong??

Start-End sections should cover a full range of [0;127] without overlapping and empty spaces.

You should fix that.
Either make both 0-127, or make one, for example, 0-63, and the second 64-127.

If the first option is used, one of those two files will be chosen using a special patented secret BeatBuddy™ algorithm for playing a note no matter it’s volume (or verlocity) in the MIDI file. Like say, MIDI pattern 54-54-54-54 can be played like 0.wav-0.wav-1.wav-0.wav, or 1.wav-0.wav-0.wav-1.wav, or anything else.

If the second option is used, a MIDI pattern of 54(40)-54(100)-54(120)-54(60), where bracketed values are a velocity, will always play like 0.wav-1.wav-1.wav-0.wav

thanks
the problem fixed

I got another question
how can I start the second main loop after pause the first main loop?I mean no transition in between

If you have a transition fill assigned to main part 1 but still want to go to main part 2 without playing it, it can currently be done in a bit hack-y way.

To put it simple: make sure you trigger a transition and make sure you released the pedal hold before a new bar kicks in. Depending on how you Queue Period option is set this may lead to exactly what you are intending.

What is Queue Period?

• It is a logical separation margin of a bar.
  • If the pedal is pressed/hold before that margin, the fill/transition will play imstantly (right at current bar).
  • If the pedal is pressed/hold after that margin, the fill/transition is queued to start on the next bar instead.

As far as I recall, the default setting for Queue Period is 75%.

A 4/4 bar with 75% Queue Period looks like that:
[–1--|–2--|–3--||–4--]
Now if you trigger the pedal when playing 1-st, 2-nd, or 3-rd quarter of a bar, what you triggered will play instantly. And only triggers in 4-th quarter will make the fill queue to the next bar.

Now, we come to the next totally not obvious thing: Transition fills are only queued if the pedal is still being pressed when a new bar kicks in!

So, the full answer to your question is:
Press the pedal after Queue Period but release it before a new bar starts.
Doing that way, you will

1. play a clean bar from a main part without insta-changing to transition (as the transition is being queued), and
  2. no actual transition will be ever played as you released the pedal before the new bar started, and a clean bar of next main part will be playing.
    Thus you skip the transition.

This solution may seem somewhat flawed, as if you use 75% Queue Period and, let’s say, 200+ BPM 4/4 time signature, you will probably never ever be able to initiate a transition (as you will be holding the pedal for far too little time!). But this exact situation was being evaluated carefully while beta-testing, and this behavior was specifically chosen as it is the most flexible one.

Simply put, you will probably want to use BPM’s in 100 - 150 range as well as set Queue Period to no higher than 50% to use this technique much more easily.