Beat buddy died after plugging in USB

My beloved Beat Buddy has bit the dust after simply plugging it in to a usb cable. The unit would be powered up and as soon as I plugged in the usb cable the screen went black. I removed the usb and power cable and then plugged it back in. It rebooted fine several times…which caused me to try the usb again with the same outcome. After several rounds of this the pedal refused to reboot at all…now when I plug it in there is only a black screen and no life. I am quite distressed as I bought it second hand from a guitar store and can no longer return it. It cost me close to $300 with the external footswitch. I have been relying on it quite a bit and now am beyond sad. I sent an email to Singular Sound yesterday and have received no response yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Singular Sound is at Winter NAAM and they’ll eventually respond. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder.

Meanwhile, only thing I can suggest is that you try to install firmware 1.8.5 on a new SD card using your computer’s SD card slot reader. Don’t use the USB cable method anymore.