Beat suggestions for Rich's song list

**Hope I’m posting this in the right place.

I’m looking for any stock or premium beat suggestions for these songs. I’m not looking for OPB or other one-press files. ( I’m lazy, yes, but I would do my own search if I were looking for OPBs. :stuck_out_tongue: ). I’m just seeking input on stock or premium beats (not premium songs) that would work for these songs. The reason I’m looking for beats rather than OPBs is because I like to be able to extend songs on the fly, especially when hosting an open mic. Thanks all for your help! I appreciate it!

*Edit: alphabetized the list and removed songs found on online Song Matching Tool

#41 - Dave Matthews
Africa - Toto
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow
All Right Now - Free
Black Horse & the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
Boys of Summer - Don Henley
Brass in Pocket - Pretenders
Brian Wilson - Barenaked Ladies
Bye Bye Love - The Cars
Crazy - CeeLo Green
Domino - Van Morrison
Don’t Stop Believing - Journey
Fly - Sugar Ray
Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller
Forget You - CeeLo Green
Hard To Handle - Black Crows
Hash Pipe - Weezer
Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
I Can’t Go For That - Hall & Oates
I Feel Good - James Brown
I Feel The Earth Move - Carole King
Island In The Sun - Weezer
Just What I Needed - The Cars
Life’s Been Good - Joe Walsh
Little By Little - Tedeschi Trucks
Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
Madman Across the Water - Elton John
Maneater - Hall & Oates
Master Blaster - Stevie
Mercy - Duffy
Miami 2017 - Billy Joel
Midnight Rider (One More Silver Dollar) - Allman Brothers
Misty Mountain Hop - Led Zeppelin
My Favorite Mistake - Sheryl Crow
One - U2
Separate Ways - Journey
Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealers Wheel
Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
That’s It, I Quit, I’m Movin’ On - Adele
Venus - Shocking Blue
Whipping Post - Allman Brothers
White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
Woodstock - Joni Mitchell
You’re No Good - Ronstadt

See if this helps… http://songmatcher.singularsound.com/

1 Like

Hey, I created an Excel file from the contents of that site. Check it out if you like. Unfortunately, most of the songs I listed above aren’t on it. *I modified the list and removed songs that are on the list.

SONG MATCHING LIST FROM SINGULAR ONLINE.zip (56.0 KB)

This is good, thanks richo. I’m going through the beats now, genre by genre, beat by beat, and I’m amazed at how many of them sound so close together within a genre, and how little they sound like any of the normal solo acoustic guitar songs we sing. The songmatcher is…okay…at best with its suggestions. I notice nobody has an answer for you to your original post, because the answer seems to be “none of them.” I play a set list of Buffett, Petty, Cash, Blake, Kenny Chesney, etc, and I’ve found about three that work, just change the tempo and drum kit to suit. There’s a lot of self-indulgent drumming on the default library, makes me wonder if guitar player singers picked it, or drummers that liked to hear themselves.
Don from Little Rock

I often dump the intro on the generic beats; they’re too complicated for what I’m doing. If I want, I’ll insert a 4 hh count-in for the intro.
And yes, changing kits will often give me what I’m looking for. I also cull some of the fills,

I saw your post. I play about the same kind of music and just getting into Beat Buddy. Can you share which beats you mainly use? I like the idea of just tweaking those to suit each song.
Thanks!
Rob

For the most part, I use beats that were created for the songs. Beats that were created by forum members or beats from the Premium Library. Beyond that, there’s not any one beat that I use a lot. If something is close, I’ll either use it as is or slightly modify it. And it’s not a real involved editing process. I don’t spend a lot of time on it. An edit might be something as simple as adding an extra kick beat every 4 measures to break things up a bit. I might edit or completely get rid of a fill depending on what I need.