BeatBuddy and Ditto x4 midi sync

Good morning everyone is new, my name is Rei and I write from Italy, Rome. I have the BeatBuddy and I have a JamMan Solo XT, I tried the sync by buying Syncman but nothing to do, it does not work as well as I would, then I said to myself: I sell the SoloXT and I buy a DittoX4 (I already had x2) , but I wanted to know if anyone had direct sync experience between BeatBuddy and Dittox4. $ 250 is a great price and I think if this sync midi works with the BB and the X4 we could have a nice setup underfoot ;-). Hello everybody. Rei

This BB / Ditto X4 situation is really sad. Seems the X4 is the only solution for those on a budget and dont have an iPad (like me) who wants to use the BB and sync it to the X4 easily with no issues. Sad sad.

Hello, I do not know what you mean but I decided and today I ordered the DittoX4. I have the right of withdrawal, I try it a few days, if it does not go or I feel bad I can make it go back. I think that at this price (245 euros) is a good opportunity, always if the sync works as it should :wink:

Rei66RM - Please update us on how it goes with the ditto x4 as I am really considering getting it instead of the RC-3
Thanks

I canā€™t speak for the Ditto x4 however, if you intend to use MIDI with your BB, you probably donā€™t want to get the RC-3.

Naturally :wink:

I had RC2, RC30, Ditto Stereo, Jamman Stereo, Jamman Solo XT (which I have now), and with all the looper I have had strengths and weaknesses. I mean itā€™s a subjective thing, first we need to understand what we have to do, and then choose the loop we need ā€¦ For example, I do not need unlimited memory (Iā€™m always on the same patch), and I do not need effects details, I do not need the mic, I do not use time correction, I am comfortable quantizing and the two tracks in series, and above all I want the 48k sound, thatā€™s why I chose Ditto, great sound, without quantization, patience with practice and some time I will be able to be as precise as possible. I trust a lot in the coupled BeatBuddy (magnificent instrument) and DittoX4 because of the sync midi, I just hope it works as I hope.

Then, arrived yesterday. Fantastic, it goes perfectly time. Of course, you need to be familiar with the loopstation, it does not have the quantizer and does not do miracles, but along with the BeatBuddy it is a fantastic machine. Only a problem of lowering the volume in DittoX4 during the overdub, but maybe itā€™s only my fault that I still do not know how to use it very well.
Finallyā€¦ :wink:

Last impressions with BeatBuddy + DittoX4.
As I said: I am happy because with two exceptional machines I finally have the system I was looking for, without spending a capital, and without unnecessary functions.
I updated the firmware and I enjoyed a bit with the new function Sobriety (https://singularsound.com/tools/sobriety-function/) very funny, shame that when the active, the sync midi no longer works. I would have liked something more useful, for example having the ability to choose whether to send midi start / stop messages in order to synchronize the pauses with the DittoX4.
Or I would like to be able to disable the midi connection without removing the midi cable, this because if I use the DittoX4 without BeatBuddy the Ditto will still be synchronized to BeatBuddyā€™s beats, so Iā€™d like the menu to disable the midi features of BeatBuddy. or give me a Soblety that does fill renadom, but maintains the same bpm :wink:

I think the whole purpose of the sobriety (or lack there of. i.e. ā€œdrunk modeā€) is that it DOESNā€™T sync to anything and keeps changing the time signature during the song, just like a real drummer would if they were drunk. its more of a joke mode not supposed to be taken seriously.

Yes, in fact, to play well, but I would have preferred a ā€œrandomā€ function that simulates a drummer who performs the fill (only the fills) randomly without changing the tempo, in this way I could also use sync with Ditto. .

I wish I could have read this forum before I bought the BB. I donā€™t imagine it works with the X4. Iā€™ve had the X4 for a while but just got the BB. Iā€™m going to return it and try the sdrum.

Hi Doug, I have BB working with x4, midi sinc works as does start and stopping loop / BB (thereā€™s a minor issue with pause unpause Iā€™ve not bottomed out) but from the loopers Iā€™ve had (boss clone, VL3x) I prefer the ditto x4 - not least because of the dedicated stop button :slight_smile: Iā€™m no expert, just do simple loops but if I can help let me know. KR Carl.

Thanks Carl, have you been using sync or serial on the x4? Iā€™ve so far just tried sync and the tracking has been horrible.

Mostly 1 track or serial (verse / chorus stuff). Iā€™ll have a go to sync mode in next day or two and see what thatā€™s like.