BeatBuddy and EZdrummer 2

BBManager is able to parse your MIDI files, but for best results you’d better export drum tracks on channel 10.

Thanks I’ll try it…

Ok!
I loaded a BB file into my EZdrummer & looped it with a EZD file side by side…the BB file is lower in volume/head room in the side by side comparison…!!!

With that said…I made a test song with only the two files I compared in my EZdrummer to be played in the BBmanager…

The song intro is BB-metal one…main loop is EZD-Hats, the fill is BB-Metal-one once again, allowing you to click the pedal to compare…and last the ending is EZD-hats again…

Here’s the test song if you can import it to your BBmanager to compare file…https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g3q5zfw6r721rx/test song.sng?dl=0

I think its channel 10, its usualy used for drums…

BB Manager seems to be able to play channels other than channel 10 as it will play EZDrummer etc. files.

Ok!
I loaded a BB file into my EZdrummer & looped it with a EZD file side by side…the BB file is lower in gain/head room in the side by side comparison…!!!

The EXD file gain is to high clipping in the BBmanager but playing all the notes…I lowered the gain…!

With that said…I made a test song with only the two files I compared in my EZdrummer to be played in the BBmanager…

The song intro is BB-metal one…main loop is EZD-Hats, the fill is BB-Metal-one once again, allowing you to click the pedal to compare…and last the ending is EZD-hats again…

Here’s the test song if you can import it to your BBmanager to compare file…https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g3q5zfw6r721rx/test song.sng?dl=0

Let me know what you think…

Ok, so assume I’m a dumb A$$… in 1st grader speak tell me:
How do you know what notes are assigned to what channel in either program?
How do you convert EZD to BB drum kit?
When I convert my EZD kit to a BB kit do I lose the realism captured by EDZ?

Hi, I created a Midi drum file in EZdrummer (vintage battery) but the problem is when i go to the BBmanager with these midi file is just sound one or two beats and instruments and not all, like in the EZ. I have to charge (and create) the sounds in a new drum kit in BBmanager? Where are the wav files of the EZ for to create a new drum kit.
If you have still already (created) drum kit from the Ez to the BB please can you send me (these dropbox files are not exist any moore).
My email is teatrodelasfuentes@gmail.com
If you have some Drums Kits DRM created(expecially Metal, indi or Rock) and you cans send me (the file or a new dropbox adress) i have some great Post-Rock midi packs for EZ that i bougth, and i can share with you also.
Thanks a lot.
Chema

you need to edit it in a DAW to how ever many bars you want each part to be name each part, put them in a folder where your songs are located. then import each part, intro, Main 1, Main 2, fill 1, 2, 3 outro hope you get the picture. I use easy drummer too and it works great. I also create whole song by exporting guitar pro 6 drum parts and then importing them into my DAW for editing. Hope this helps

Hi Duane,
I have a very basic question. Is it possible to use an EZD midi file in BB without any additional editing? E.g. I have a 8 bar Main1 midi file which sounds great in EZD. I export it and import it in my BB Manager and it sounds totally different, like the HiHat is missing. I also tried some GrooveMonkee files which sounds good in BB, but different in EZD (HiHat you almost can’t hear).
I like the BB and I thought the EZD would be a perfect extension for it, but now it seems that midi is not equal midi!
Is there any setting in EZD I have to take care?
Thanky a lot from good old Germany

If you add the kits from ez drummer to beatbuddy they should map correctly, I have not tried to import kits yet but I think I will now just to see, I did from grove monkey as well and was pleased

This link should get you started it shows just how to install the kits and which folder they need to be put

In the meantime I got an answer from EZD support. This is what they wrote to me:

Thanks for your email. EZdrummer 2 is not designed to work with Beat Buddy. EZD2 is designed to work in host sequencers, such as Pro Tools, Sonar, Cubase, etc… The EZD2 Midi uses the GM Extended Midi format. You will need to determine what Midi file(s) Beat Buddy uses first before looking at how to “wrap” The EZdrummer 2 Midi to a new Midi format.

:frowning:

This is important to know. Thank you for sharing.