BeatBuddy audio is noisy

Help - had an awful show with crackling noise a few months back that resurfaced today and figured out it was coming from my Beat Buddy.
Singular Sound shows firmware as 4.1.6.
What I am reading above is 4.3.1 - where do I get that?

4.1.6 shows 9/23 from the Singular Sound website - is this the latest???

And has anyone else had a crackling nightmare like I had that destroyed the gig? Still can’t figure out a fix. Swapped all cords, but nothing yet as problem is intermittent. May be here today and not tomorrow.

:grin: this is an Aeros thread and the 4.3.1 refers to what was then the current Aeros firmware.

Make sure you’re using the BeatBuddy (BB) power supply as some other PSUs have been the cause of other user’s noise issues.

I will move your two posts to a new thread in the morning.

I had some of the DRM files in the \DRUMSETS folder on the SD card get corrupted & several drum kits had crackling noises.
After switching to the Metal drumkit for several gigs (luckily, this one didn’t have any noise) I finally fixed this by:
1- Copying the Standard.DRM, Rock.DRM etc files from the BBWorkspace\default_lib\drum_sets on my PC to my SD card \DRUMSETS folder
2 - Opened config.csv on the SD card \DRUMSETS folder to get the number/letter names for the corrupt drum sets (not sure why Singular renamed them)
eg the file E981B5D1.DRM on my SD card is the Standard1.1.DRM file on the PC
3 - Using these number/letter names, I deleted the 5 drum set files that were noisy on the SD card
4 - I then renamed the DRM files copied from the PC to the proper names contained in the config.csv file
5 - NOISE IS GONE!

I didn’t try it & only thought of it afterwards, but if you formatted your SD card & then Exported your project to the SD card, this should copy everything to the card

1 Like

Be sure your cables to and from the BB are not the reason of the crackling

1 Like

Thx - I swapped out with different cables and crackling persisted. I tried the original cables from the BeatBuddy in my keyboard and cable was fine.

I switched back to my original cables last night and the crackling sound was not there, so problem is intermittent and really unsure what to try next.

Each practice or gig now, I am spooked to see if the crackling returns.

If it’s not the cables, does the crackling happen everywhere or in certain rooms, there might be refrigirators or transformers nearby or on the same phase of the outlet, that turn on and off, that create this cracking. Try plugging the power supply in a different socket