BeatBuddy AutoPilot 2020?

This happens all the time.
There is a subject and somebody turns it into something else.
The subject here is AutoPilot 2020 and Beat Buddy Manager.

Yeah, life is hard. Sorry to rock your world. :slightly_smiling_face:

All joking aside, sorry to interrupt the thread.

Just checking in to confirm that there has been no update, does anyone from SS still read this thread ?

They do but they’re on break for the holidays. They’ll reply after Jan. 2, 2023.

Hi everyone. My first post here on Singular Sound forums. I’m sitting with my finger on the “order” button for a Beat Buddy, but am hesitant to push the button as, without the Autopilot feature, the pedal doesn’t have much use for me, other than as a fancy metronome.

I play bass and play with a drummer and guitarist. I depend on the rest of my jam buddies for subtle cues as to when a song is changing from verse to chorus, etc…those drummer fills are most useful! So, if I’m just practicing my bass, without those cues, I’m a bit clueless as to when changes need to occur in a song. Autopilot would be the perfect solution for a practice buddy.

I’m hoping we hear from the developers that they’re back on track to releasing some updated software/firmware that will enable it.

I do know it’s possible. I’ve chatted with a Beat Buddy user who is using an old, beta version of the software and an older firmware version on the pedal that was used to test Autopilot…and it works for him. He hasn’t updated either as he needs the Autopilot for his performances.

There is no news as of this update, the BeatBuddy has had a recent update to it’s firmware (beta 4.1.3), we have not forgotten about the product or the value in a new Manager

Thanks for all the feedback!

I’m not trying to sound snarky here, but why don’t you just listen to the actual song, if you want to learn the chord changes? Autopilot is supposed to be for cover songs in the Premium Complete Collection. If it ever gets released, I would imagine that it would do the transitions at the same times that they would be in the original song that’s being covered.

I do listen to and play along with the actual songs. However, I would like the option of not having vocals, guitars, and a redundant bass present when I’m practicing.

So by ‘we see the value in a BB Manager’ what exactly do you mean? Users here have been seeing the value of a decent app to manage the pedal for years. But nothing is ever delivered.
And to be honest, the recent feature rich software update for Aeros just dubs salt in the wound.
BB buyers that invested in your product/company when you first started out are the reason you are here. Yet we (BB users) are being totally overlooked.
It is time for SS to be honest with the BB user base.

11 Likes

You wouldn’t need the auto pilot if you use the OPB files that creators have posted. You literally press the pedal to start and stop it when it’s done playing the song.
I personally don’t use them because it defeats the flexibility for which the pedal was originally designed but that would fit what you need pretty nicely I think.

Except that, to make a OPB file, ir sounds like it requires modification of a midi file. I don’t do midi.

I would happily use an OPB file, but alas, the songs I’m looking for are not that popular.

Still waiting on the promised feature that has never been delivered. Where are you AutoPilot? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Imagine the happiness and joy when this feature will finally be released! I’m following closely and haven’t yet bought a BB- but will when I know for sure this feature will eventually make the light of day.

I’m with the majority of users who have commented on their frustration with unacceptable responses like yours, wrt software updates and the long awaited Auto Pilot feature for BB. When I first purchased BB along with the Premium Content, I quickly realized it was not a usable “live performance” device as I had planned to use it. Maybe an Octopus can do it, but mere mortals that play an instrument and sing, play solos etc. during a song performance find it impossible to navigate through all the “Parts” at the exact right timing, while playing. Thus the strong desire for Auto Pilot! Tried to be patient, even bought the next year’s Premium Content, and the next year’s Premium Content as a gesture of loyalty to what I think can be a great product. Turns out the 2022 PC was a waste of money compared to what was already available in 2021 PC. So no more of that stupidity on my part. But I sure do get reliable weekly AEROS spam on email and text, while you make zero progress on the BB features and capability. Not one more penny for you SS, until you deliver.

5 Likes

Right On Man!!

Well…I bought one. It’ll be here in two days. I’m excited about using it- but since it’s lacking AutoPilot, I’ll be learning how to use it along with BBM and Midi to make some One Press Songs for my set lists. I am not a drummer, nor a MIDI person, but think I understand the workflow, so wish me luck.

I have to say, I am a bit worried that SS might be working on a new device that will replace the BB and hence, the lack of development for older tech that’s difficult to reprogram and work with AP…I’ll be disappointed if, after receiving it, I find out a newer model is soon available that has AP and a ton of other new features!

Hi
Well @Bighouse hope you enjoy the BB. Not wanting to be a damp squib about it, I personally will not spend another penny with SS until they sort out the mess that is the BB software. It isn’t just the lack of auto-pilot it is the mess that is the software as a whole. It is nothing short of terrible and SS make zero effort to improve it, despite repeated promises (lies) for literally YEARS that a new version that fixes all the s**t that the current software delivers is ‘coming soon’.
Seriously SS, ask yourself this. If you offered a full refund on return of a BB from dissatisfied users, how many unhappy customers would take you up on it? More than you could handle I would guess. Not a great endorsement is it?
Meanwhile SS forge ahead with rafts of improvements and new features for their Aeros baby, which is a complete slap in the face for the buyers of the BB that got their company off the ground in the first place.
And the worst thing of all is their TOTAL lack of reliable and regular communication about what they intend to deliver and where they are with delivering it. Nothing. Just an occasional message in a thread like this assuring us that they do love BB users really and that ‘something’ is coming our ‘sometime’. It is frankly pathetic. I feel I wasted hundreds of dollars on a complete mis-sell. And yes, you guessed it, I am pissed.

4 Likes

Thank you for stating exactly how I feel. Ridiculous.

Very well said.

Well, I’ve heard others share your feelings. I would prefer BBM be a more modern app, with drag and drop capabilities even, but should be able to do with the pedal what I hope to do, without the lacking modern improvements.
I will know soon enough as it should arrive tomorrow.

I am still hoping that SS makes good on their promise for substantial fixes/upgrades including AP.