BeatBuddy AutoPilot 2020?

Cheers, guys! I hope they came in handy as much as possible.

@GoranGrooves

1. Can you repost this in Docs and Downloads - Singular Sound Forum or someplace similar. Nobody will be able to find this file in a few months!

2. This is somewhat of a big file (384 Meg). If you need a smaller version that doesnā€™t give up that much on quality, let me know.

Thanks for the charts, Goran. The ones I reviewed seem to make sense. Next time I try to work up an arrangement using your beats, Iā€™ll definitely be using them for reference. I fully agree that these would be confusing to the uninitiated.

I got quite excited when I saw this post, but that soon diminished when I opened some of the files. They made no sense to me at all. This is not a moan directed at Goran as he provided what people were asking for. I just expected a more polished version.

I am very new to the BB so itā€™s a steep learning curve for me :wink:

Your welcome to the feedback, but we are all out of patience !

1 Like

This time last year I posted in this thread asking if there was any ETA on autopilot, as more than a year has passed I donā€™t think itā€™s unreasonable to ask for an update please ?

1 Like

I keep watching for something to happen. days, months, years go by and nothing.
Get some good developers and make it happen.
Priorities are somewhere else.

1 Like

Seriously, it is any day now.

:sob:

Goran! I love your stuff (and own quite a bit of it). Any chance of some Neo Soul stuff???

This happens all the time.
There is a subject and somebody turns it into something else.
The subject here is AutoPilot 2020 and Beat Buddy Manager.

Yeah, life is hard. Sorry to rock your world. :slightly_smiling_face:

All joking aside, sorry to interrupt the thread.

Just checking in to confirm that there has been no update, does anyone from SS still read this thread ?

They do but theyā€™re on break for the holidays. Theyā€™ll reply after Jan. 2, 2023.

Hi everyone. My first post here on Singular Sound forums. Iā€™m sitting with my finger on the ā€œorderā€ button for a Beat Buddy, but am hesitant to push the button as, without the Autopilot feature, the pedal doesnā€™t have much use for me, other than as a fancy metronome.

I play bass and play with a drummer and guitarist. I depend on the rest of my jam buddies for subtle cues as to when a song is changing from verse to chorus, etcā€¦those drummer fills are most useful! So, if Iā€™m just practicing my bass, without those cues, Iā€™m a bit clueless as to when changes need to occur in a song. Autopilot would be the perfect solution for a practice buddy.

Iā€™m hoping we hear from the developers that theyā€™re back on track to releasing some updated software/firmware that will enable it.

I do know itā€™s possible. Iā€™ve chatted with a Beat Buddy user who is using an old, beta version of the software and an older firmware version on the pedal that was used to test Autopilotā€¦and it works for him. He hasnā€™t updated either as he needs the Autopilot for his performances.

There is no news as of this update, the BeatBuddy has had a recent update to itā€™s firmware (beta 4.1.3), we have not forgotten about the product or the value in a new Manager

Thanks for all the feedback!

Iā€™m not trying to sound snarky here, but why donā€™t you just listen to the actual song, if you want to learn the chord changes? Autopilot is supposed to be for cover songs in the Premium Complete Collection. If it ever gets released, I would imagine that it would do the transitions at the same times that they would be in the original song thatā€™s being covered.

I do listen to and play along with the actual songs. However, I would like the option of not having vocals, guitars, and a redundant bass present when Iā€™m practicing.

So by ā€˜we see the value in a BB Managerā€™ what exactly do you mean? Users here have been seeing the value of a decent app to manage the pedal for years. But nothing is ever delivered.
And to be honest, the recent feature rich software update for Aeros just dubs salt in the wound.
BB buyers that invested in your product/company when you first started out are the reason you are here. Yet we (BB users) are being totally overlooked.
It is time for SS to be honest with the BB user base.

11 Likes

You wouldnā€™t need the auto pilot if you use the OPB files that creators have posted. You literally press the pedal to start and stop it when itā€™s done playing the song.
I personally donā€™t use them because it defeats the flexibility for which the pedal was originally designed but that would fit what you need pretty nicely I think.