BeatBuddy AutoPilot 2020?

True. Will just have to wait. :worried:

Great to see the arrival of the Jazz Beats collection!

Once we have the new BB Manager along with auto-pilot, it will be buy-some-new-joy time for sure!

is this upadate available??

Not yet. “Anytime real soon now.” :thinking: :smile:

1 Like

The autopilot feature is still months away for sure.
However, a couple of days ago i tested the BeatBuddy Loader software for the first time. That’s the software that will ultimately replace the current BB Manager.
I am very excited about it. Has a few bits still to iron out, but it has already come a long way!
What it does is that you can easily manage and load content right on your sd card. It is very easy to use and fast.
Once the issues i reported are ironed out, we should be seeing it here for everyone to try out.

It currently does not provide for song editing or creation, nor drumset creation, but those are features that will be added in stages. And once they are implemented, you will be blown away by the results.

What we will have first is a beautiful utility to manage and load content.

9 Likes

May we see some pics, Goran, to revive our hopes?..:slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

This :point_up_2:

How’s this? These are the actual screenshots from the testing of BeatBuddy Loader. The project is manipulated straight on the SD card, so everything opens up really fast and is easy to manipulate. Based on my tests, I think we are very close to seeing this released to the public.

Keep in mind that this is the first stage that allows only content to be managed, but not created. Those other features will be added in stages.

The most wonderful thing of it all: to implement any new functionality or feature, you don’t need to break a whole lot of existing things and create endless bugs, as is the case with the current BB Manager.

I am VERY excited about this. :grinning:

9 Likes

Yay!

That looks like real progress.

Well done guys.

Excellent. This is the most positive BB development I have seen in some time.

Thank you, Goran, for obliging us with some pics.

I must say that it’s looking good and professional. But (there’s always a “but”, eh?) I couldn’t help feeling a bit worried thinking the development is leaning heavily towards your Basic and Premium content (meaning “sales oriented”), both of which I have but rarely use as-is since I edit most songs/beats I pull from the SS content and create many more from scratch using the current BBManager as well as Logic Pro. The paragraph below and the pics made me think that -I hope I’m mistaken.

This being the case for me, I don’t see myself using the new BBManager until the editing part is included.

Thank you for all the work and the effort being devoted to this.

1 Like

Nice.

I assume this tool won’t care if the sd card is mounted directly or simply shows up as a drive via the usb cable to BB method?

Might be nice to add a “create backup” option that simply copies the contents to a location on your computer (ideally with a folder name that has the current date so we can easily keep backups over time).

Is a variant of this tool what is planned for the Aeros to import/export songs/tracks?

Exciting stuff indeed!

(And yes, Backup of the existing contents of the card is essential.)

Thanks for sharing this progress!

Thanks, guys. Glad you like it. I’ll respond to all of your inquires.

@lugoluis You are correct to notice the current state of the software. Enabling users to easily load content they purchased is naturally of high priority for several reasons. One of them is that the vast majority of users do not create their own. Like you, I personally will have to continue using the BB Manager as my needs are of a content creator. However, once you see the design and capabilities of the content creation functionalities when implemented, you’ll be extremely happy :wink:

When I was asked to create a mock-up of the ideal software for the BB, I approached it from the perspective of: “I don’t care about the software. I don’t want to learn it, I don’t want to read manuals or waste time with it. I want to get my content into the pedal and start playing music as quickly and as frictionlessly as possible.”

That’s what 99% of BB users want.

@Quad When you open the software and pick a task you want to accomplish, you are presented with options to choose a drive that you want to use. So, anything connected to your computer is a fair game.

There is already an option to “create backup”. I requested that “restore from backup” be added to better make sense of this function.
I don’t believe there is a variant of the software planned for Aeros at this time, but that could very well be a possibility down the road.

There will also be things like “playlists”, which I know many users are aching for. All in good time :slight_smile:

I am very grateful to the awesome developers who are putting this together. I feel we finally have a very solid foundation to build upon.

6 Likes

So if I’m interpreting things correctly, this is just a front end manager? I hate to be negative, but I don’t get it…I’m not seeing anything there that we don’t do already or am I mistaken? What bbm bugs does it solve? What functionality does it add?

Phil I.

Phil

1 Like

I don’t think this is a manager… I’m not sure, but to me it looks like a front end that really doesn’t add anything in the way of functionality. But perhaps it “cures” some issues like the nested directory issue?

Phil I.

1 Like

I do have a question though re midi file and folder numbers… how are they being handled in this front end, that is…. Do they travel with the song when it’s moved from one location to another (that would be nice) so when things are sorted we who use OnSong, BandHelper don’t have to reassign everything.

Phil I.

2 Likes

@Phil The current BeatBuddy Manager is not going to be developed any further due to how messed up the code structure is.
So, developers can’t just introduce “additional” features that are not present in the BB Manager. The entire piece of software needs to be replaced. If you read what I wrote earlier above, this is just the beginning. The foundation, the first steps.

I am not sure about the file and folder ordering with regards to OnSong etc. Will have to check that out.

Hi, Goran. Thanks for sharing the screen shots of the new loader. Since you’ve been so open with the shares, could you provide users with the list of required capabilities and maybe the development milestones so users can see what’s coming down the road?

1 Like

Great idea!