BeatBuddy Firmware Update! Control how drunk your BeatBuddy gets and more! Version 1.85

I love all the new features in the latest software especially any that make my BeatBuddy seem human. Midi implementation, spot on. THANKS!!!

I’m knee-deep (2,000+ songs) in using Guitartapp app instead of Onsong or Setlist Maker. Are these the only two apps that have the midi sync functionality or is there a way to midi with GuitarTapp? Thanks for any insights!

Wow Dude, you need to call your sponsor and work some steps around this. Lighten up, it’s funny.

Anyone recommend a compatible midi foot controller ?

How to implement a complete song that could run automaticaly without the need to use the foot with the autopilot mode?

Re foot controllers. If you mean to connect directly to the BB via a midi cable (rather than bluetooth to an Ipad etc) then an FCB 1010 would probably work. I know you can program the switches with various midi commands. Although it’s not the simplest thing to program via the switches, there is some software that makes it easier. It is mains powered though.

I asked the same question. Can someone enlighten us?

And inc and dec codes for tempo on midi, just perfect - thank you. Think it does pretty much everything I could need now
Probably time to take a look at the beta BBManager now for editing the midi

Hi Guys,
I’m a big supporter and user of your product, but I’m with Bill Smith on this. I think this “Sobriety” setting is a really lame and ridiculous feature. When I saw the update email on Friday that was my immediate recation. But then I saw there were other fixes ect. so I said today I may as well do the update and just ignore that rubbish. Then it registered with me Friday was April 1st. Relief, the BB crew haven’t sunk that low. I honestly couldn’t believe it when I saw the post saying it wasn’t a hoax. You have created, developed and built a really useful and innovative product with lots of great intelligent features and settings. Are you seriously telling me you think it’d credible to add a “Pissed Drummer” setting to a respected piece of audio equipment? It makes a mockery of the BB and all the thought and work you have put into it up to this point. I use it to work on my music, to create good, solid, tight drum accompaniment to my songs, original and covers. I also use it to help me write songs and guitar riffs. The absolute LAST THING I would ever want is for the beats to start skipping or going out of time. That’s a bloody malfunction!
From a business point of view I think it could affect future sales. If that feature had been on it when I was researching online before buying I would have seriously questioned it’s and your credibility and may not have purchase as a result.
Bill also makes some good points about trivialising alcohol abuse which are well founded.
Sorry guys, but this is a joke. I really think you should consider scrapping it. I’m not even going to try to figure out how to turn it on.
IF

I think you should all put this Drunk Drummer thing into perspective. It was meant (I think) as a bit of fun. Geeze, lighten up a bit!
I’ve tried it, it’s ‘interesting’ but I can’t play with it., In fact I think I laughed more at my attempts to try to play with it than I did at the effect of the feature itself, plus I spend all my time trying to play IN TIME, why would I want to learn to play ‘out of time’?
So for me it’s an amusing little sidebar that I probably won’t ever use (maybe I will when ‘I’ am drunk too, see how that works out LOL).
As a feature it’s probably badly named but from a technological point of view it’s an interesting attempt to ‘humanize’ a machine driven drum box in a different way than the usual quantization techniques that are usually used by varying the tempo within the bar and randomizing the sequence of playbacks and fills. From that point of view I don’t think it’s a great success but it could be used as the basis for something similar but better in the future, maybe something more subtle in the way it varies the tempo and randomizes the fills.

As for Bill, I’m not belittling his struggles at all but unless he’s prepared to crawl into a hole, he’s gonna have to learn to live with the odd thing in the world that does not align to his view of it or his needs. That’s just the way the world works.

Do a search under BlueBoard in the forums. I use a PUC and a BlueBoard and they work great with an iPad and OnSong.

Ok David, I will make a video, good idea.
Have tryed new midi features with a Yamaha MFC-10 footswitch : it works fine, GREAT !!! Thank you for that.
Have tryed with CC :

• Start
  • Transition / Section 1
  • Transition / Section 2
  • Fill-In
  • Outro
  • Pause / Unpause
  • Accent
    All is ok.
    Not tryed volume with the pedal, because I don’t need but probably work fine too.

But I’m surprised : need to sent a first CC-113-4 for example to enter transition and say go to section 4, and a second one CC-113-0 to exit transition and really go to the section choosed. It works, but need to send 2 CC#.
Better to send one only.
I have used the press / unpress function of the midi switch and it is ok : press CC-113-4 / unpress CC-113-0 , it is ok but with only one CC# it have been great too.

I am also heavily vested in Guitartapp as I am sure many others are. It is a very popular app for guitarists. Can you make this work please!!

If the app supports midi then it should work with the BB, it may take some experimenting or asking the app developers on how to do certain things. Onsong is mentioned because it is also very popular and has midi capability (if the add-on us purchased).

Yamaha MFC-10 : smaller than the Beringer FCB1010, more easy to program, cheap, can buy it used for nothing, very easy to find, and MOST IMPORTANT : multi-CC# and multi-PC# programming ON THE SAME PRESSED SWITCH !

Just in relation to the “Lighten Up” responses to certain posts here including mine criticising the new “Sobriety” feature, look I’m not trying to be a spoilsport here. I love a good joke, I love a social drink. It’s just I think there’s a time and place for everything. Suppose you pay good money to go and see a band you like, and the drummer is drunk, messing up song after song, going out of time, missing beats and cue’s ect. Would you be laughing? Ha ha funny man that drummer pissed on stage screwing up all over the place. Or would you be heading for the exit door looking for a refund? That is essentially what this feature is replicating. Fair enough to humanise the BB some kind of a timing variation or looseness options, but different alcohol influence levels from sober to tipsy to wasted? Could you imagine Boss adding a “Drunk Guitarist” setting to one of their pedals that simulates bum notes? I think they have a bit more respect for for themselves and their products than that.
That said I want to re-iterate what I put in my initial post that I think the BB is a great product that I will continue to enjoy using and I have a lot of respect you guys for creating it. I don’t want to row with anyone here as I enjoy interacting with you and all the other users, and I know I can just choose not to use the feature. But I think you’ve got this one wrong, and haven’t done yourselves as much as anybody else any favours with it, hence the remarks.

I would like everyone to just let this go once and for all . it was just a joke and if you love a joke then take it as such & let it go- please

I like the idea of using it (DrDrummer) as a ‘shuffle &/or swing’ feature …!

Hi there
Not all midi commands work exactly like the foot pedal would, when assigned to the same functions.
One thing I like to do is to pause the rythm and start again with a fill.
This works fine with the foot pedal but I don’t know how to achieve the same thing via midi?
Please tell if you know how to do this.

Måns Mårtensson, Denmark

What app are you using on the ios or droid device where you push it and it triggers Beat Buddy?