BeatBuddy Foot Switch -right switch not detected and not working

. I have had my BB for about 5 months the all of a sudden for no apparent reason the Beat Buddy Foot Switch -right switch is not detected and not working. I have tried power cycling the pedal, and resetting all the settings in the pedal that relate to the foot switch. is this a Pedal issue of a foot switch issue? Have a gig coming up real soon, , may need to order another foot switch.

Try another cable, you could also open up the footswitch and check the soldered connections.

1 Like

Does it take a specific cable? That may be the issue…

1 Like

Stereo cable. TRS style.

1 Like

Yes ! That was it, had another cable that looked Identical except not stero. However , now that both switches operate, I have an addtional issue with it. It is stuck in "momentary’ mode. I have tried several times to change to “latching” , but always defaults back to momentary.
Scoured the internet for solutions on this. Not sure if I have settings wrong … Or Pedal and or switch is Bad. any advise woudl be grealty appreciated.

Try the footswitch detector function.

Yes tried that several times … Recoginizes swithc a a momentary switch… No clicking noise on swithch… it’s being replaced… Ty for all your advise.

It sounds like you have a momentary footswitch, and that’s why the pedal recognizes it as ‘momentary’. We used to sell the latching footswitches on our site, but some months ago we switched over to momentary type switches. Is the footswitch our footswitch, or a different company’s footswitch?

Yes this is teh BEat Buddy foot switch, It was working in “latching mode” now it’s not. No clicking noise when depressing either switch.

Yes this is the Beat Buddy foot switch, I purchased with the pedal new. It was working in “latching mode” now it’s not. No clicking noise when depressing either switch.

I have problems with my foot switch as well doesnt recognize the right switch
And has a mind of its own …and it says its a momentary pedal …do i have to rplace it?

Check that you’re using sTRS patch cable and that it’s not defective.

Run Foot switch detector from the pedal settings.

Check for broken connections or cold solder joints.

Contact support@singularsound.com if your foot switch is a Singular Sound product and if it’s still under warranty.

If none of the above help or applies, you’ll need to replace the switches. If you’re going to replace just the one, make sure it’s the same type momentary (either on or off). For that reason I would recommend replacing both switches at the same time.

Same happened to me yesterday during rehearsal, the right switch suddenly stopped working and wasn’t detected in the footswitch detector. Opening the footswitch and applying a drop of electronic spray fixed the problem :blush:

Cheers

2 Likes