Beatbuddy into Jamkazam

The bass player in our virtual band bought a beat buddy …We are using jamKazam for online virtual sessions …He’s running the beat buddy out of his computer speakers which I guess we’re all then hearing via microphone… Does the beat buddy have an ASIO driver or can you create the pattern you want and then download it from the beat buddy as an MP3? Jamkazam has the option to open an audio file that’s on your computer and play it for all to hear.

I’d say the best way to capture the BB performance is with a recording from it’s analog outputs to a DAW. Is this useful? Let me know maybe I’m misunderstanding the workflow here.

1 Like

If your bass player has an audio interface with enough inputs you can route the BB into that and play in real time. Or a using a midi interface you can use the BB that way. Either way you don’t need to record the BB first just play in real time. Otherwise you might as well just look for some prerecorded beat loops online and use those

1 Like

Since the most common interfaces in JK are 2 input, putting a multi-channel mixer board in front of the interface is the best option and dedicate a L/R channel to BB. You then have better control over EQ’ing BB in the mix and perhaps even adding a hint of reverb, if your Mixing board has an effects loop. The JK session mix ultimately compresses sound especially when you have more people in the session and you may want to cut the lower frequency of BB to not overload the threshold.

1 Like