BeatBuddy + Loop Pedal

Apologies if this has been asked before, search results weren’t turning much up…

Anyone have success using the BeatBuddy in tandem with a loop pedal? I use the loop function on my Line6 DL-4 but haven’t been able to get it to work well with my BeatBuddy. Even when I feel like I have timed it perfectly, the guitar loop and beat get out of sync after a couple rotations. I’d really like to be able to use a loop pedal to fill in the chord progression while I solo during the bridge of a few on my songs but so far haven’t been able to make it happen.

So yeah if anyone has been able to do this, I’d really appreciate it if you could share what loop pedal you are using. I’m definitely willing to invest in a full-on loop pedal to replace the DL-4 functionality if this can in fact be done.

Try searching again using Pigtronix Infinity Looper or Boomerang. You should get some results then and you can read what others have to say.

Consensus favorites seem to be Pigtronix Infinity Looper and the Bommerang Looper. Search looper and you will get a lot of hits here.

I need to get my Line6 M9 out and see how it works!

With loopers that don’t have MIDI sync capability, record the drums on the looper, then overdub your guitar. It’s virtually impossible to keep things in sync other wise.

You’re right on Mr. Scudd. That’s how I do it. I have my guitar coming straight through the Beat Buddy and then direct into a Digitech JamMan Delay Looper which does not have midi. I start the Beat Buddy and then at the right point trigger the looper, make my loop, stop the Beat Buddy with the remote pedal and then operate the looper and lay down the tracks. Set the volume on the BB to give a nice level slightly higher than the guitar signal and by the time several layers are laid down, the drum volume is just right in the mix. You can put in the fills as you are making the first track which is much easier to concentrate on. When you get the loop finished, then you can sit back and play your lead part as you like it with a full band behind you. Works for me. If you get the volume levels set right, the playback comes out at the same volume as the original Beat Buddy track and there is very little difference and it sounds great with everything mixed in. I am getting some awesome polished sounds this way. Fun, Fun, Fun. It’s great to hear each layer added as you progress into the song further and further. I also play Bass as well, so I can add the Bass Track in along with with the rest of it. I also have a switch box to cut out left or right channel and lay down a track just on one side to enhance the Stereo effect. I am having so much fun, it should be considered illegal. Ha-Ha!
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

It’s all a little bit confusing for me… but I have one main question about loop pedals.
I have a Digitech JamMan loop pedal. It only comes with a USB ethernet insert at the back of the unit.
I have just received my cable from BB and I obviously can’t use it until I convert the normal midi cable into the proper plug for me to plug it into the rear of this Digitech Jamman loop pedal.
Question. Are there cables available and where to I purchase these and more importantly …will this work?

Adding simple MIDI functions to the JamMan could be done using this: http://customliveelectronics.com/en/effets-guitare/accessoires-pedales/24-syncman-jamman-volca-monotribe-midi

Sounds like a great Idea but a little Short of cash- But thank you