BeatBuddy Manager available date? [COMING SOON]

Re: BeatBuddy Manager available date?

So, just received my BeatBuddy after a very long wait and similar shipping notifications.

First of all, the product is fully functional and useful out of the box. Minimal documentation in the box but enough online to make things work. Drum kits sound great and a very diverse selection of beats available, however would really like to take advantage of the BeatBuddy Manager software… however it is still not available.

What is the definitive date of the software release?

Yes mine arrived and now I feel stuck in limbo waiting for the manager and that promised additional content. I’m not complaining at I think I have got use to waiting with the hardware delays and the shipping delays and now the content and manager delays. I better go study the manual and feel more frustrated I suppose still chin up anticipation is a great think.

Well this is amusing reading.

Yes persevere this trying time. Soldier on.

No i dont think so
I dud not know that the unlimited extra content and the manger was NOT available to use. Its plastered all over the site and the box it came in so one expects it to exist. Personally i would suggest they release the manager as it is as a beta and state that. I watch the video it looks like it mostly works its stated its included and without it us pro musicians cant use the product. Yes ill wait but frankly it should of been made very clear that it was not available.
We are all patient but disappointed cause once this is all done and available it will be our dream cone true. As i stated it was shown in videos its stated on the box it came in so you go looking to download and use it but get greeted with a link that says coming soon. Who would not be disappointed and enquire whats the release date.

Yes, I think a beta version including a statement about the bugs and your development plans would make your work transparent and your crowd (all the beatbuddy-friends, customers, and longingly waiting pre-orders, and me) indulge and much more patient…

I agree. This is the main reason I still haven’t purchased the beatbuddy. I keep checking from time to time to see if the software is available yet . I think I’ll get it once the beatbuddy manager is released.

While it is disappointing and frustrating that the software is not ready (it was promised for delivery before the hardware so we could work with it prior to getting the hardware), I’d rather wait and receive software that is not buggy. After all, I waited almost 9 months for the hardware. It does concern me that the software is not yet complete without explanation. I am also disappointed that Mac users will have to wait longer than PC users for the software release. I would expect a music product to be geared to Mac users first.

I’ve seen people mention an iOS software interface. That would be awesome, but there’s already an iOS game called Beat Buddy and how would an iPhone or iPad interface with the BB? TC uses bluetooth, but the BB doesn’t have bluetooth. Perhaps a special cable like the one Digitech used with the iStomp pedals. I do hope that this is down the road, but for now I need the Mac software without bugs so I can make my pedal usable for gigs.

I would say that Mac are for studio music creatures while Beatbuddy are for live performer creatures, not tied to Mac wonderfulness :slight_smile:

Software

We want the software, we want the software

Where/when did they say Mac version is delayed beyond PC version? I must have missed that. Is that confirmed? If so, what is the ETA?

The last I heard the Mac version would be released in parallel with the PC version, this was a while ago, but with the cross platform compilation these days it should remain a valid statement.

With respect to releasing Alpha software, I disagree with this - I’ve seen some Alpha software wipe a hard drive; would any of you be willing to take that risk?

Cheers

Richard

David posted the following on another board on October 1, 2014 when asked when the software would be available and if there would be a Mac version.

[size=5]I think one week, max two. MacOS will probably be a month after the windows release.[/size]

More bad news? What a shocker. I wonder when us Mac users will REALLY get it. Based on my substantially lowered expectations, I’ll predict first quarter 2015.

I can understand that you need time to give us a “good” software with fonctionalities who do not crash etc etc etc…
BUT I can’t understand why you have to delay Mac compatibility. Most of musicians works on Mac. How could you think PC is a priority?
And by th way, on your website, you actualy use a pic with a MacBook Pro to illustrate your soft!

Yes, I’m angry :evil:

As did I in response to David’s post. I hope we’re surprised with an earlier release. The pedal is useless to me without the software to manage it.

You know with all you guys have going for you,why are you blowing it in the customer service dept with all the delays.Somebody is already working on a better mouse trap and might even be better to deal with. This Mac version delay is something you knew about a year ago.I want my money back

Exactly. Without the software, this pedal is just an expensive (and buggy) toy to me. What gets me is that the software should have been ready for the planned April 2014 release. All of the delays were supposedly due to hardware availability, manufacturing, and logistics. The pedals were finally done in August. It’s now October, and no one can say with any certainty when the software will be available. This is very frustrating.

2 weeks from the 29th is this Monday, October 13. Does that estimate still hold up? Last rehearsal for this weekend’s gig is tonight. I’ve found beats for 8 out of 10 songs, but without the ability to tweak the song structure and get rid of the intros, I can only use them on 3.

Software development is hard, fine, but communication is easy. Please at least give us a realistic update instead of hollow “just one more week!” promises.

this.

Cheers

Richard

All these delays are a nonsense. The beatbuddy without the manager software is just an expensive piece of metal and rubber : useless.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK.