BeatBuddy manager not saving .wav files appropriately

Dear fellow BeatBuddies,
I have a persistent problem with saving newly created drumsets. Either by editing an existing drumset and then ‘save as’ or by the creation of a new drumset. This works in the sense that .wav files loaded in the new drumset do sound when clicking on the sample preview button. When triggering the drumset with a MIDI file, nothing happens. Then after saving and quitting the manager software and reopening it, the drumset is still there and the .wav’s are listed but do not sound anymore when the sample preview button is clicked. I gues I am doing something wrong but cannot figure out what. Anyone a suggestion for me? Btw drumset in total is 5% of max so not the issue.

The problem is that the wav files you are importing are being seen as unsupported .wav file type by BBM. This can be true even if the file is 44.1khz and 16 or 24 bit. It has something to do with compatibility for 64bit systems vs 32 bit systems. Read this thread:

The easiest way that I have found to resolve this issue is to run wav files through a format conversion program, such as NCH Switch. Simply convert your existing wav file to the the 16bit 44.1khz format offered in NCH Switch, and then the wavs will work. This is the RF64 compatibility issue mentioned by GoranGrooves.

1 Like

Brilliant Phil, it works like a charm. Never could imagine it would be something like this. Thank you so much with your prompt reply. I have the Beatbuddy now for a month and realize this is the best thing after the inventionof the wheel. :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:
Greetings from the Netherlands!

1 Like

Hi Ruben

I have developed an alternate editor to BBM that should be able to handle the WAV file you import directly without needing to do a conversion first.
It would be great if you’d give it a try and let me know if it makes things easier for you.

—Andrew