BeatBuddy Manager Software 1.64 (Win/Mac)

https://www.intowindows.com/fix-sd-card-not-showing-up-in-windows-10-file-explorer/

OK - thanks - now -

Âż Where in BB manager is the command to load that file ?

File > Open Project

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]Persist :

Looks like I got it updated , thank you for your help & courtesy .

On to figuring out how to open the midi editor now .

EZ :
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=6]HR[/SIZE][/FONT]

Right-click on a song part to bring up a menu. Select Edit.

Âż Can I create a song in the midi editor from scratch ?

You can but it would be like trying to use a cheese spreader to perform surgery.

The MIDI Editor is not suitable for much more than very light editing. Better to use a DAW but it has a steep learning curve unless you’re familiar with using a DAW.

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]I opened up a song and have it operational - how do I bring up the Midi editor from this point ?

Again thanks for the guidance it is greatly appreciated .

EZ :
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=6]HR[/SIZE][/FONT]

The answer is 4 posts above.

Please define :
Âż [ " Song Part " ] ?

Intro Fill, Main Drum Loop or Outro Fill. If you want to try to create a song from scratch, any one of these sections or parts will be a good place to explore or to start from.

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]:cool:
You have been a great help [ persist ] , thank you very much .

EZ :
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=6]HR[/SIZE][/FONT]

Can I send my laptop, and BB to someone to have them install the drums and songs I bought because I’m ready to bounce this pos off the f%%%%&&&&&%%_>ing wall.
Sync project… to pedal location… folder??? wtf
Every song is on the SD card and so is the drum set, yet they don’t show up on the pedal.
It seriously can’t/shouldn’t be this difficult.
Tutorials don’t help. There’s no manual and if there was it wouldn’t work because I followed the different tutorials and now I dropped $15 on drums and songs that I can’t even use.
I understand there is a new midi product coming out, but they REALLY need to hire someone to make this software better. All I see is complaints and people searching for help.

Why not use the USB port to update the SD card through the pedal?
DL the kits and songs, pedal recognizes a change and prompts you to update. I mean you can’t even drag and drop.
Nah, we’ll stick with dl, create project, inport, save, export, sync, fail, walk out of the room cursing, create, import, save, export, sync, fail, kick the cat.
$350 plus $15 Zeppelin & Bonham, headache and now my cat hates me even more. Thanks!
/rant
(don’t have a cat, btw)
Going to drink

^
Send me your laptop . . . But it might be easier for you to get some help. Perhaps Support will contact you via PM. If not, feel free to PM me.

Admittedly, the process isn’t very simple or intuitive for first time users but once you’ve learned how to do things, it becomes increasingly easier. Or you can yell at your imaginary cat and have a brewski or twoski :slight_smile:

You can use the USB cable method to export your project to the pedal and for many users, this seems to work fine. In my experience helping users—especially Mac users—many of their problems are caused by the slow data transfer rate when using the USB cable method. Using the computer SD slot reader is much more direct and avoids some problems. YMMV though.

Welp, got home from work, grab a beer, deleted everything from the SD card, uninstalled BBM, loaded the default files on to the SD card, installed the software, imported everything, exported everything, synced everything, popped the card out, loaded it in to the BB and it works fine.
Zeppelin pack installed, Bonham drum kit installed…
Drank another beer.
Jammed Moby Dick.
Problem?
Well, considering that I intentionally didn’t install the new firmware, I could only assume.
Pretty happy now. Think I’ll have a beer to celebrate.
-John

1 Like

Glad to hear you sorted it out.

Hey David…absolutely amazing product! Was wondering if you would consider making a “humanize” tempo setting. Love the sobriety function but the waver in tempo is a bit much. Again thanks for creating the Beatbuddy…its totally rad!!!

I am running windows 10 on a surface laptop and the installation of BBM hangs and will eventually fail. Re-tried a few times downloading and installing and same issue every time.

[ATTACH=full]10152[/ATTACH]

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Anthony

Hmmm. This is something that @BeatBuddy Support will have to confirm but I don’t think the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) works on a Surface laptop. Perhaps there are users out there that got it working and they can chime in with how they got it to work.